MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
|Phillies||-1.5 (+104)||O 8.5 (-125)||-204|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (-121)||U 8.5 (-102)||+171|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Wheeler (R) STL: Hudson (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Led by Kyle Schwarber (two-game homer streak), the Philadelphia Phillies (70-58) are favorites versus the St. Louis Cardinals (56-73) Saturday at 7:15 PM ET. Oddsmakers have named the Phillies as -204 favorites for the game, which airs on FOX. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson.
Phillies vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies have the No. 12 offense in baseball scoring 4.8 runs per game (609 total runs).
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB play with 158 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Philadelphia’s .259 batting average is sixth-best in the majors.
- The Phillies rank eighth in MLB with a .326 on-base percentage.
- Philadelphia is seventh in baseball with a .431 slugging percentage.
- The Cardinals have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 588 (4.6 per game).
- St. Louis’ 175 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals’ .256 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking eighth in MLB.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .331 this season, which ranks fourth in baseball.
- The Cardinals rank eighth in the majors with a .430 team slugging percentage.
Phillies vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have put together a 49-34 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 59% of those games).
- Philadelphia has gone 11-5 (winning 68.8% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -204 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Phillies have an implied win probability of 67.1%.
- Philadelphia has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 48 times this season for a 48-61-0 record against the over/under.
- The Phillies have collected a 50-64-0 record against the spread this season (covering 43.9% of the time).
- This season, the Cardinals have won 23 out of the 51 games, or 45.1%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- St. Louis has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +171 odds on it winning this game.
- The Cardinals have a 36.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 52 of its 103 games with a total.
- The Cardinals are 51-63-0 ATS in their 114 games with a spread this season.
|Zack Wheeler (PHI)||Pitcher||Dakota Hudson (STL)|
|9 – 6||W/L||5 – 0|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs (35) and runs batted in (83) this season while batting .187.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Schwarber is fourth in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Schwarber enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .278 with three homers.
- Bryson Stott has 138 hits and an OBP of .341 to go with a slugging percentage of .438 this season.
- Of all MLB hitters, Stott ranks 144th in homers and 102nd in RBI.
- Alec Bohm has collected 124 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .433 this season.
- Bohm is batting .256 with two homers in his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Nicholas Castellanos has collected 139 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .465 on the year.
- Castellanos is batting .227 in his last five games. He also comes into Saturday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado has put up a team-best batting average of .283, while leading the Cardinals in home runs (26) and runs batted in (87).
- In all of the majors, Arenado ranks 18th in home runs and ninth in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .278 with 25 doubles, 21 home runs and 67 walks.
- Goldschmidt ranks 37th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 41st in RBI.
- Goldschmidt has safely hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .389 with two home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Tommy Edman has 20 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 26 walks while batting .241.
- Nolan Gorman is hitting .240 with 16 doubles, 24 home runs and 44 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!