MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 7, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-PH
|Phillies||-1.5 (-107)||O 9.5 (-116)||-227|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-108)||U 9.5 (-109)||+189|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Suarez (L) WSH: Williams (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a four-hit effort in a win over the Reds, C.J. Abrams leads the Washington Nationals (49-63) into action as +189 underdogs against the Philadelphia Phillies (61-51). The game gets underway from Citizens Bank Park at 6:40 PM ET on Monday, live on NBCS-PH. Ranger Suarez will get the ball for Philadelphia while Washington will counter with Trevor Williams.
Phillies vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies are the 15th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.6 runs per game (511 total).
- The Phillies are 21st in baseball with 123 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Philadelphia has the ninth-best batting average in MLB (.256).
- The Phillies rank 13th in MLB with a .322 on-base percentage.
- Philadelphia is 12th in MLB with a .416 slugging percentage.
- The Nationals have scored 487 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- Washington’s 99 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- Washington has an OBP of .319 this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Nationals rank 20th in the majors with a .400 team slugging percentage.
Phillies vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have won 59.4% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (41-28).
- Philadelphia has gone 5-4 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -227 or shorter (55.6% winning percentage).
- The Phillies have a 69.4% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Philadelphia has had an over/under set by bookmakers 94 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 40 of those games (40-54-0).
- The Phillies are 42-56-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Nationals have been the underdog 93 times and won 39, or 41.9%, of those games.
- Washington has entered 20 games this season as the underdog by +189 or more and is 9-11 in those contests.
- The Nationals have a 34.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 40 of its 93 games with a total.
- The Nationals are 54-44-0 against the spread in their 98 chances this season.
|Ranger Suárez (PHI)||Pitcher||Trevor Williams (WSH)|
|2 – 5||W/L||5 – 6|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Bryson Stott leads Philadelphia in batting average (.302) this season while adding 10 home runs and 43 RBI.
- Stott is 154th in homers and 119th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Stott enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings, he’s hitting .350 with one homer.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in runs batted in (71) this season. He’s batting .294 while slugging .436.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bohm is 128th in homers and 14th in RBI.
- Bohm will look to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .409 with one homer.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with 28. He’s driven in 67 runs and is slugging .421.
- Nicholas Castellanos has collected 119 hits this season and has an OBP of .315. He’s slugging .455 on the year.
- Castellanos enters this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last five games he’s hitting .286 with two homers.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas has accumulated a team-best batting average of .290, and paces the Nationals in home runs (19) and runs batted in (65).
- Thomas’ home run total ranks 34th in the big leagues, and he is 32nd in RBI.
- Thomas enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, three home runs and eight RBI.
- Abrams is batting .260 with 20 doubles, four triples, 11 home runs and 18 walks.
- Among all MLB batters, Abrams ranks 128th in homers and 112th in RBI.
- Abrams enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .304 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Joey Meneses has 25 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 28 walks while batting .279.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .246 with 16 doubles, 11 home runs and 23 walks.
- Ruiz takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!