MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 1:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Phillies||-1.5 (-121)||O 9.5 (-107)||-192|
|Reds||+1.5 (+104)||U 9.5 (-113)||+162|
|Pitching Probables: PHI: Nola (R) CIN: Cessa (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Phillies vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cincinnati Reds (6-8) will lean on Wil Myers, following a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies (5-10) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET on BSOH. The Reds are +162 underdogs for the contest, according to bookmakers. Philadelphia’s Aaron Nola and Cincinnati’s Luis Cessa have been named the starters for this contest.
Phillies vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Phillies rank 24th in runs scored with 61, 4.1 per game.
- The Phillies average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in MLB action with 13 total home runs.
- Philadelphia’s .277 batting average is fifth-best in MLB.
- The Phillies’ .332 on-base percentage is 14th in baseball.
- Philadelphia is fifth in baseball, slugging .444.
- The Reds have scored the 12th-most runs in the league this season with 71 (5.1 per game).
- Cincinnati’s 14 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks 13th among MLB teams.
- Cincinnati has the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.339).
- Fueled by 39 extra-base hits, the Reds rank 17th in MLB with a .403 slugging percentage this season.
Phillies vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Phillies have been favored on the moneyline four total times this season. They’ve finished 1-3 in those games.
- Philadelphia has played as moneyline favorites of -192 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Phillies’ implied win probability is 65.8%.
- Philadelphia has had an over/under set by oddsmakers five times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in three of those games (3-2-0).
- The Phillies have covered only 20% of their games this season, going 1-4-0 against the spread.
- The Reds have won one of the four games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Cincinnati has played as an underdog of +162 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 38.2% chance to win.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of its five opportunities.
- The Reds are 4-1-0 ATS in their five games with a spread this season.
|Aaron Nola (PHI)||Pitcher||Luis Cessa (CIN)|
|0 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
Phillies Key Hitters
- Alec Bohm is batting .333 for Philadelphia with a team-high 13 RBI.
- Bohm’s home runs rank him 33rd in MLB, and he is 12th in RBI.
- Bohm is batting .294 during his last five outings and is riding a nine-game hitting streak.
- Brandon Marsh has 13 hits and an OBP of .409 to go with a slugging percentage of .744 this season.
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in home runs with four. He’s driven in eight runs and is slugging .474.
- Trea Turner has collected 20 hits this season and has an OBP of .366. He’s slugging .400 on the year.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India has a team-high batting average of .327.
- India ranks 141st in homers and 117th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- India heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .316 with four doubles, five walks and four RBI.
- Spencer Steer has four doubles, two home runs and eight walks while batting .298.
- Among all MLB hitters, Steer is 74th in home runs and 117th in RBI.
- TJ Friedl paces the Reds with a team-best batting average of .327.
- Friedl enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with two doubles, two walks and three RBI.
- Jake Fraley’s 10 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!