MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Pirates||-1.5 (+148)||O 8.5 (-116)||-138|
|Diamondbacks||+1.5 (-175)||U 8.5 (-109)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Keller (R) ARI: Pfaadt (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Diamondbacks, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates will take the field against the Arizona Diamondbacks (25-20) on Saturday. The game begins at 4:05 PM ET on SportsNet PT, with the Pirates listed as -138 favorites on the moneyline. Mitch Keller starts for Pittsburgh while Brandon Pfaadt is Arizona’s starter for the contest.
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates have the No. 16 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (197 total runs).
- The Pirates average one home run per game to rank 23rd in baseball with 42 total home runs.
- Pittsburgh has the 16th-ranked batting average in the majors (.246).
- The Pirates’ .326 on-base percentage ranks 12th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh is 14th in MLB, slugging .405.
- The Diamondbacks are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking seventh with 230 total runs this season.
- Arizona ranks 17th in Major League Baseball with 49 home runs.
- The Diamondbacks rank third in MLB with a .267 team batting average.
- Arizona is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .332.
- Fueled by 152 extra-base hits, the Diamondbacks rank seventh in MLB with a .437 slugging percentage this season.
Pirates vs. Diamondbacks Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have won seven of the 10 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (70%).
- Pittsburgh has gone 6-3 (winning 66.7% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -138 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Pirates have an implied win probability of 58%.
- Pittsburgh has played in 34 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 17 times (17-17-0).
- The Pirates have a 19-13-0 record against the spread this season (covering 59.4% of the time).
- This season, the Diamondbacks have won eight out of the 17 games, or 47.1%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Arizona is 2-7 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +118 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Diamondbacks, based on the moneyline, is 45.9%.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 16 of its 34 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks have an ATS record of 17-17-0 in 34 games with a spread this season.
|Mitch Keller (PIT)||Pitcher||Brandon Pfaadt (ARI)|
|5 – 1||W/L||0 – 1|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.294) and runs batted in (27) this season while also slugging six homers.
- Of all MLB hitters, Reynolds is 27th in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage, and 29th in slugging.
- Reynolds enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .286 with one homer.
- Andrew McCutchen leads Pittsburgh in home runs with seven while driving in 19 runs and slugging .466.
- McCutchen is 45th in homers and 101st in RBI this year.
- McCutchen enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .333 during his last five games.
- Carlos Santana has collected 36 base hits, an OBP of .329 and a slugging percentage of .373 this season.
- Santana is batting .171 in his last 10 games while also on a three-game hitting streak.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 39 hits and an OBP of .298 to go with a slugging percentage of .350 this season.
Diamondbacks Key Hitters
- Christian Walker has a team-best 11 home runs and 31 runs batted in.
- Walker is 10th in homers and 17th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.’s .309 batting average leads his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Gurriel is 45th in homers and 42nd in RBI.
- Gurriel has safely hit in nine straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .306 with five doubles, two home runs, four walks and six RBI.
- Corbin Carroll has 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 18 walks while hitting .282.
- Ketel Marte has eight doubles, three triples, five home runs and 14 walks while hitting .275.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!