MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, April 22, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Pirates||-1.5 (+130)||O 9.5 (+103)||-151|
|Reds||+1.5 (-153)||U 9.5 (-131)||+129|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Hill (L) CIN: Cessa (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cincinnati Reds (7-13) hope to avoid their fifth straight defeat when they visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (14-7) Saturday at 6:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. The Pirates are listed as -151 favorites, while the Reds are +129 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Pittsburgh’s Rich Hill and Cincinnati’s Luis Cessa have been named the starters for this contest.
Pirates vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates score the fifth-most runs in baseball (107 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Pirates average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 27 total home runs.
- Pittsburgh has the 11th-ranked batting average in MLB (.251).
- The Pirates’ .331 on-base percentage is 11th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh’s .439 slugging percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- The Reds have scored 87 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- Cincinnati has hit just 15 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Reds’ .237 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- Fueled by 47 extra-base hits, the Reds rank 25th in MLB with a .359 slugging percentage this season.
Pirates vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have been listed as the moneyline favorite a total of three times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
- Pittsburgh has played as moneyline favorites of -151 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- The Pirates have an implied moneyline win probability of 60.2% in this game.
- In the 11 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Pittsburgh, it has combined with opponents to go over the total five times (5-6-0).
- The Pirates have gone 8-2-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Reds have won two out of the 10 games in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Cincinnati has not won as an underdog of +129 or more on the moneyline this season in five such games.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 43.7%.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 11 games with a total this season.
- The Reds are 5-5-0 against the spread this season.
|Rich Hill (PIT)||Pitcher||Luis Cessa (CIN)|
|1 – 2||W/L||0 – 2|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with five, runs batted in with 17 and his batting average of .280 is also best on his team.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Reynolds’ home run total places him 11th and his RBI tally ranks him 11th.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .277 with an OBP of .388 and a slugging percentage of .523 this season.
- McCutchen ranks 25th in homers and 93rd in RBI this year.
- Connor Joe is slashing .377/.459/.679 this season for the Pirates.
- Joe is batting .351 with two homers during his last 10 outings while also on a four-game hitting streak.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .213 with an OBP of .273 and a slugging percentage of .338 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India paces the Reds with a team-high batting average of .314.
- In all of MLB, India is 175th in homers and 123rd in RBI.
- Spencer Steer has four doubles, two home runs and nine walks while batting .304.
- Steer ranks 100th overall in homers and 150th in RBI this season.
- TJ Friedl is batting .300 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks.
- Friedl takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, two walks and four RBI.
- Jake Fraley has totaled 10 runs batted in to lead his team.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!