MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 23, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Pirates||-1.5 (-172)||O 8.5 (-117)||-109|
|Reds||+1.5 (+146)||U 8.5 (-107)||-106|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Velásquez (R) CIN: Greene (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (15-7) are favored on the moneyline (-109) in Sunday’s contest versus the Cincinnati Reds (7-14). Game time is at 1:35 PM ET on SportsNet PT. The Reds, with +146 odds, are favored against the spread (1.5). Vince Velasquez will get the ball for Pittsburgh while Cincinnati will counter with Hunter Greene.
Pirates vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates have the No. 6 offense in MLB action scoring 5.0 runs per game (109 total runs).
- The Pirates are sixth-best in MLB action with 27 total home runs.
- Pittsburgh is 12th in the majors with a .252 batting average.
- The Pirates are 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .330.
- Pittsburgh is fifth in baseball, slugging .442.
- The Reds have scored the 21st-most runs in the league this season with 88 (4.2 per game).
- Cincinnati has hit just 15 homers this season, which ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Reds rank 20th in MLB with a .237 team batting average.
- Cincinnati has the 16th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.320).
- The Reds rank 25th in the majors with a .353 team slugging percentage.
Pirates vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have been listed as the moneyline favorite a total of four times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
- Pittsburgh has played five times as moneyline favorites with odds of -109 or shorter, and claimed a victory in each game.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Pirates’ implied win probability is 52.2%.
- Pittsburgh has played in 12 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total five times (5-7-0).
- The Pirates have covered 72.7% of their games this season, going 8-3-0 ATS.
- The Reds have won two, or 18.2%, of the 11 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Cincinnati is 2-9 this season when entering a game as the underdog by -106 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 51.5%.
- Cincinnati’s games have gone over the total in six of its 12 chances.
- In 11 games with a spread this season, the Reds are 6-5-0 ATS.
|Vince Velásquez (PIT)||Pitcher||Hunter Greene (CIN)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 0|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with five, runs batted in with 18 and his batting average of .294 is also best on his team.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Reynolds’ home run total places him 15th and his RBI tally places him 12th.
- Andrew McCutchen has collected 18 hits this season and has an OBP of .388. He’s slugging .523 on the year.
- McCutchen ranks 33rd in Major League Baseball in home runs, and 100th in RBI.
- Connor Joe has collected 20 base hits, an OBP of .446 and a slugging percentage of .643 this season.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 19 hits and an OBP of .283 to go with a slugging percentage of .369 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India has a team-high batting average of .307.
- In all of MLB, India is 185th in home runs and 130th in RBI.
- India brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
- Spencer Steer is batting .300 with four doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Steer is 106th in home runs and 162nd in RBI.
- Steer has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with three walks and an RBI.
- TJ Friedl is hitting .306 with four doubles, a triple, two home runs and seven walks.
- Friedl takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .250 with two doubles, four walks and six RBI.
- Jake Fraley has put up 10 runs batted in to pace his team.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!