MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 9, 2023 at 6:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Pirates||-1.5 (+121)||O 8.5 (-126)||-169|
|Rockies||+1.5 (-142)||U 8.5 (-101)||+143|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Ortiz (R) COL: Seabold (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Rockies, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (21-15) are favorites (-169) on the moneyline when they take on the Colorado Rockies (14-22) Tuesday at 6:35 PM ET, live on SportsNet PT. Luis Ortiz takes the mound for Pittsburgh while Connor Seabold is Colorado’s starter for the contest.
Pirates vs. Rockies 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates rank 11th in runs scored with 165, 4.6 per game.
- The Pirates are 18th in MLB play with 37 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Pittsburgh ranks 14th in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Pirates’ .329 on-base percentage is ninth-best in MLB.
- Pittsburgh ranks ninth in baseball with a .420 slugging percentage.
- The Rockies have scored the 15th-most runs in the league this season with 152 (4.2 per game).
- Colorado’s 30 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks 13th among MLB teams.
- Colorado has the 19th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.317).
- Fueled by 105 extra-base hits, the Rockies rank 17th in MLB with a .390 slugging percentage this season.
Pirates vs. Rockies Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have put together a 7-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 87.5% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has played as moneyline favorites of -169 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- The Pirates have a 62.8% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Pittsburgh has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 26 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 13 of those games (13-13-0).
- The Pirates have collected a 16-9-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Rockies have been the underdog 22 times and won nine, or 40.9%, of those games.
- This season, Colorado has won five of its 15 games, or 33.3%, when it’s the underdog by at least +143 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Rockies, based on the moneyline, is 41.2%.
- So far this season, Colorado and its opponents have hit the over in eight of its 25 games with a total.
- The Rockies are 12-13-0 against the spread this season.
|Luis Ortiz (PIT)||Pitcher||Connor Seabold (COL)|
|0 – 0||W/L||0 – 0|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.298) and runs batted in (23) this season while also slugging five homers.
- Reynolds is 67th in homers and 23rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Carlos Santana has collected 31 hits this season and has an OBP of .338. He’s slugging .397 on the year.
- Among all MLB batters, Santana is 195th in home runs and 39th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is slashing .252/.313/.366 this season for the Pirates.
- Hayes will look to add one more to his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .500.
- Andrew McCutchen has collected 24 hits this season and has an OBP of .346. He’s slugging .452 on the year.
Rockies Key Hitters
- Kris Bryant has five doubles, five home runs and 14 walks while batting .306.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Bryant ranks 67th in home runs and 148th in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .261 with eight doubles, three home runs and 15 walks.
- Blackmon ranks 136th among hitters in MLB in home runs, and 162nd in RBI.
- Elias Diaz paces the Rockies in runs batted in (18) and has a team-best batting average of .333.
- C.J. Cron has hit six home runs to lead his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!