MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, June 5, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pirates||-1.5 (+106)||O 8.5 (-116)||-196|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-125)||U 8.5 (-109)||+165|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Oviedo (R) OAK: Sears (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (31-27) will put their five-game win streak to the test when they host the Oakland Athletics (12-49) Monday at 7:05 PM ET on MLB Network. Sportsbooks consider the Pirates -196 favorites to extend their streak, while the Athletics are +165 underdogs looking for the upset. Johan Oviedo takes the mound for Pittsburgh while JP Sears is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Pirates vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates have the No. 21 offense in baseball scoring 4.4 runs per game (254 total runs).
- The Pirates rank 24th in MLB play with 56 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- Pittsburgh ranks 16th in MLB with a .248 batting average.
- The Pirates’ .323 on-base percentage is 13th in baseball.
- Pittsburgh is 14th in baseball with a .408 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 206 (3.4 per game).
- Oakland’s 57 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .217 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .296 this season, which ranks 29th in baseball.
- The Athletics rank 28th in the majors with a .348 team slugging percentage.
Pirates vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have won 63.6% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (7-4).
- Pittsburgh has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -196 or shorter.
- The Pirates have a 66.2% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Pittsburgh has played in 47 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 24 times (24-23-0).
- The Pirates have a 26-19-0 record against the spread this season (covering 57.8% of the time).
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 50 games this season and won 10 (20%) of those contests.
- Oakland is 4-26 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +165 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 37.7% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 25 of its 48 games with a total this season.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 20-30-0 in 50 games with a spread this season.
|Johan Oviedo (PIT)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|3 – 4||W/L||0 – 3|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.282) and runs batted in (36) this season while also slugging seven homers.
- Including all hitters in baseball, Reynolds is 89th in home runs and 29th in RBI.
- Reynolds will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .200 during his last five games.
- Andrew McCutchen has 49 hits and an OBP of .368 to go with a slugging percentage of .444 this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, McCutchen ranks 69th in home runs and 149th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 52 hits this season and a slash line of .242/.290/.395.
- Hayes enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .450 over the course of his last five games with two homers.
- Carlos Santana has collected 44 hits this season and has an OBP of .327. He’s slugging .362 on the year.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz has racked up a team-high batting average of .268.
- Ruiz’s home run total ranks 320th in MLB, and he is 105th in RBI.
- Ruiz has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Brent Rooker has hit 11 home runs with 32 runs batted in. Both are team-highs.
- Rooker is 26th overall in homers and 46th in RBI this year.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .234 with 11 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 37 walks.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .217 with seven doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 14 walks.
- Langeliers has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .313 with a double and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!