MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 12:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pirates||-1.5 (+120)||O 8.5 (-125)||-172|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-140)||U 8.5 (-102)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Contreras (R) OAK: Harris (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Oakland Athletics (13-50) and Jace Peterson (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+146) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (32-28) on Wednesday at 12:35 PM ET on MLB Network. Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Hogan Harris.
Pirates vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates rank 19th in runs scored with 261, 4.4 per game.
- The Pirates rank 25th in MLB action with 56 total home runs.
- Pittsburgh has the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.246).
- The Pirates rank 13th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .324.
- Pittsburgh’s .403 slugging percentage is 15th in baseball.
- The Athletics have scored the 28th-most runs in the league this season with just 221 (3.5 per game).
- Oakland has hit 61 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Athletics rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .221.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .301 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Athletics are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .356 this season.
Pirates vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have an 8-5 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 61.5% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has gone 2-2 (winning 50% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -172 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Pirates’ implied win probability is 63.2%.
- Pittsburgh has played in 49 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 26 times (26-23-0).
- The Pirates are 26-21-0 ATS this season.
- The Athletics have won 11, or 21.2%, of the 52 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Oakland has a record of 6-32, a 15.8% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +146 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 40.7% chance to win.
- Oakland’s games have gone over the total in 27 of its 50 chances.
- In 52 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 22-30-0 ATS.
|Roansy Contreras (PIT)||Pitcher||Hogan Harris (OAK)|
|3 – 4||W/L||0 – 0|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in with 37 while batting .279, which is also best on the team.
- Reynolds’ home runs rank him 92nd in baseball, and he is 28th in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has collected 49 hits this season and has an OBP of .376. He’s slugging .437 on the year.
- McCutchen ranks 71st in home runs and 139th in RBI this year.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is slashing .242/.289/.390 this season for the Pirates.
- Hayes will look to add one more to his six-game hit streak. During his last five games, he has a batting average of .474 with two homers.
- Carlos Santana has collected 44 hits this season and has an OBP of .326. He’s slugging .356 on the year.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz paces the Athletics with a team-high batting average of .261.
- Ruiz’s home run total ranks 323rd in the majors, and he is 109th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker has hit 12 home runs with 34 runs batted in while hitting .261. Those stats all pace his team.
- Rooker ranks 19th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 41st in RBI.
- Rooker has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .248 with 13 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 40 walks.
- Noda has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with two doubles, five walks and two RBI.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .217 with seven doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 16 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!