MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, April 29, 2023 at 1:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Hill (L) WSH: Corbin (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (18-8) visit the Washington Nationals (9-15) on Saturday to begin a three-game series, with the first pitch at 1:05 PM ET from Nationals Park. The Pirates are listed as -151 favorites, while the underdog Nationals have +129 odds on the moneyline. Pittsburgh’s Rich Hill gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Patrick Corbin.
Pirates vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates score the seventh-most runs in baseball (132 total, 5.1 per game).
- The Pirates rank 14th in baseball with 30 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Pittsburgh’s .258 batting average is seventh-best in the majors.
- The Pirates are eighth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .334.
- Pittsburgh ranks sixth in MLB, slugging .438.
- The Nationals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 27th with just 93 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Washington’s 14 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Nationals’ .249 batting average ranks 13th in the league this season.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .321 this season, which ranks 15th in the majors.
- The Nationals rank 29th in the majors with a .346 team slugging percentage.
Pirates vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have yet to lose as the moneyline favorite this season, going 4-0.
- Pittsburgh has played as moneyline favorites of -151 or shorter in just two games this season, which it won both.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Pirates have an implied win probability of 60.2%.
- In the 16 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for Pittsburgh, it has combined with opponents to go over the total eight times (8-8-0).
- The Pirates have a 12-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Nationals have won five out of the 14 games, or 35.7%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Washington has a record of 5-6, a 45.5% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +129 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 43.7% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- So far this season, Washington and its opponents have hit the over in four of its 14 games with a total.
- The Nationals are 10-4-0 against the spread this season.
|Rich Hill (PIT)||Pitcher||Patrick Corbin (WSH)|
|2 – 2||W/L||1 – 3|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.301), home runs (five) and runs batted in (20) this season.
- Reynolds’ home runs put him 26th in MLB, and he is 13th in RBI.
- Reynolds is batting .294 during his last five outings and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Andrew McCutchen is slugging .506 this season, with a team-best five homers while driving in 13 runs.
- McCutchen ranks 26th in home runs and 70th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- McCutchen will look to extend his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .211 with one homer.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 22 hits this season and a slash line of .229/.292/.375.
- Carlos Santana is batting .261 with an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .413 this season.
- Santana enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five games he’s hitting .286.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Keibert Ruiz leads the Nationals with a .296 batting average.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Ruiz’s home run total puts him 143rd, and his RBI total ranks 154th.
- Ruiz has safely hit in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .350 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario has shown off his power as he paces his team with four home runs.
- Candelario ranks 58th overall in homers and 90th in RBI this year.
- Alex Call has a double, two home runs and 15 walks while batting .239.
- Call has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Victor Robles is batting .268 with three doubles, a triple and eight walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!