MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 1:35 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
|Pirates||-1.5 (+116)||O 8.5 (-104)||-142|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-136)||U 8.5 (-121)||+121|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Oviedo (R) WSH: Gray (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (20-8) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they visit the Washington Nationals (9-17) Sunday at 1:35 PM ET on MASN. Oddsmakers consider the Pirates -142 favorites to extend their streak, while the Nationals are +121 underdogs looking for the upset. Johan Oviedo will get the ball for Pittsburgh while Washington will counter with Josiah Gray.
Pirates vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates are the fourth-highest scoring team in baseball, averaging 5.5 runs per game (154 total).
- The Pirates average 1.2 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 34 total home runs.
- Pittsburgh ranks fifth in the majors with a .267 batting average.
- The Pirates rank third in MLB with a .346 on-base percentage.
- Pittsburgh ranks second in MLB, slugging .456.
- The Nationals have scored the 27th-most runs in the league this season with just 97 (3.7 per game).
- Washington has hit just 15 homers this season, which ranks last in the majors.
- The Nationals rank 14th in MLB with a .247 team batting average.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .316 this season, which ranks 19th in the majors.
- The Nationals rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .345 this season.
Pirates vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have yet to lose as the moneyline favorite this season, going 6-0.
- Pittsburgh has played in four games as moneyline favorites with odds of -142 or shorter and won each of them.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Pirates a 58.7% chance to win.
- Pittsburgh has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total nine times this season for a 9-9-0 record against the over/under.
- The Pirates have a 14-3-0 record against the spread this season (covering 82.4% of the time).
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 16 games this season and won five (31.2%) of those contests.
- Washington is 5-9 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +121 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 45.2% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- Games involving Washington have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in five of 16 chances this season.
- In 16 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 10-6-0 ATS.
|Johan Oviedo (PIT)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|2 – 1||W/L||1 – 4|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in runs batted in with 22 while batting .313, which is also best on the team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Reynolds is 19th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage, and 15th in slugging.
- Reynolds will look to extend his five-game hitting streak. He’s batting .471 over the course of his last five outings.
- Andrew McCutchen has collected 23 hits this season and has an OBP of .361. He’s slugging .483 on the year.
- Of all MLB hitters, McCutchen ranks 33rd in home runs and 64th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 25 base hits, an OBP of .304 and a slugging percentage of .385 this season.
- Hayes is batting .289 over the course of his last 10 games while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Jack Suwinski is slugging .656 this season, with a team-best six homers while driving in 18 runs.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Alex Call is batting .253 with two doubles, two home runs and 15 walks.
- In all of the majors, Call is 145th in homers and 111th in RBI.
- Call takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .323 with a double, a home run, six walks and two RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz has a club-best .282 batting average.
- Among all major league batters, Ruiz is 145th in home runs and 164th in RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario paces the Nationals with four home runs.
- Luis Garcia is batting .224 with two doubles, a triple, two home runs and five walks.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!