MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 12:35 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pirates||-1.5 (+127)||O 8.5 (-112)||-163|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-149)||U 8.5 (-113)||+139|
|Pitching Probables: PIT: Keller (R) WSH: Gray (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Pirates vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates will take the field against the Washington Nationals (65-81) on Thursday. The game begins at 12:35 PM ET on MLB Network, with the Pirates listed as -163 favorites on the moneyline. Mitch Keller gets the starting nod for Pittsburgh while Josiah Gray is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Pirates vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Pirates have the No. 23 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (615 total runs).
- The Pirates have hit 142 home runs this season, the fourth-lowest total in MLB play.
- Pittsburgh has the fourth-worst batting average in MLB (.237).
- The Pirates rank 22nd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .314.
- Pittsburgh is 25th in MLB with a .390 slugging percentage.
- The Nationals have scored the 21st-most runs in the league this season with 631 (4.3 per game).
- Washington ranks 29th in Major League Baseball with just 135 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .255 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .315 this season, which ranks 21st in the majors.
- The Nationals are 22nd in MLB with a slugging percentage of .395 this season.
Pirates vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Pirates have compiled a 17-12 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 58.6% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -163 or shorter, Pittsburgh has gone 3-3 (50%).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Pirates a 62% chance to win.
- In the 128 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Pittsburgh, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 72 times (72-56-0).
- The Pirates are 67-64-0 against the spread this season.
- The Nationals have won 51, or 41.5%, of the 123 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Washington has a record of 34-36, a 48.6% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +139 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The Nationals have a 41.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Washington have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 58 of 125 chances this season.
- In 131 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 70-61-0 ATS.
|Mitch Keller (PIT)||Pitcher||Josiah Gray (WSH)|
|11 – 9||W/L||7 – 11|
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .272 with 74 RBI, both of which lead Pittsburgh hitters this season.
- Of all MLB batters, Reynolds ranks 39th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage, and 40th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has collected 116 hits this season and has an OBP of .308. He’s slugging .446 on the year.
- Hayes ranks 159th in homers and 118th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Hayes enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .250 over the course of his last five games.
- Jack Suwinski’s 24 home runs lead all Pittsburgh hitters, and he’s slugging .455.
- Suwinski enters this game on a six-game hit streak. He’s batting .389 during his last five games with one homer.
- Connor Joe has collected 87 hits this season and has an OBP of .333. He’s slugging .412 on the year.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas has a team-best 24 home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Thomas’ home run total puts him 40th, and his RBI total ranks 41st.
- C.J. Abrams has 22 doubles, five triples, 18 home runs and 27 walks while hitting .248.
- Abrams is 94th in homers and 118th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Joey Meneses leads the Nationals with 79 runs batted in while accumulating a team-best batting average of .279.
- Meneses has safely hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double and two RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .260 with 20 doubles, 17 home runs and 30 walks.
- Ruiz has safely hit in nine games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .270 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!