MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 19, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSSD
|Padres||-1.5 (+139)||O 7.5 (-131)||-144|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-163)||U 7.5 (+103)||+123|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Snell (L) BOS: Paxton (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (24-20) will look to Justin Turner, with homers in two straight games, to pull off an upset win over the San Diego Padres (20-24) Friday at PETCO Park. The Padres are -144 moneyline favorites for the game, which starts at 9:40 PM ET live on BSSD. Blake Snell will get the ball for San Diego while Boston will counter with James Paxton.
Padres vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres are the fourth-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.9 runs per game (172 total).
- The Padres are 19th in baseball with 46 home runs. They average one per game.
- San Diego has the worst batting average in the majors (.226).
- The Padres rank 18th in MLB with a .316 on-base percentage.
- San Diego ranks 24th in MLB with a .381 slugging percentage.
- The Red Sox have scored the third-most runs in the league this season with 248.
- Boston’s 55 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Red Sox rank second in MLB with a .272 team batting average.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .342 this season, which ranks second in baseball.
- The Red Sox are third in MLB with a .451 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 45% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (9-11).
- San Diego has gone 9-7 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -144 or shorter (56.2% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Padres a 59% chance to win.
- San Diego has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 33 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in eight of those games (8-25-0).
- The Padres have a 14-18-0 record against the spread this season (covering 43.8% of the time).
- The Red Sox have been underdogs in 25 games this season and won 13 (52%) of those contests.
- Boston has entered 13 games this season as the underdog by +123 or more and is 10-3 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 44.8% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of its 32 games with a total this season.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Red Sox are 17-17-0 ATS.
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||James Paxton (BOS)|
|1 – 5||W/L||0 – 0|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto is batting .252 this season with a team-high seven home runs and 20 RBI.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Soto’s home run total ranks him 44th and his RBI tally ranks him 89th.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .275 leads all San Diego hitters this season.
- Bogaerts ranks 70th in home runs and 140th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Bogaerts has a batting average of .353 in his last five outings and is working on a six-game hit streak.
- Jake Cronenworth has 33 hits this season and a slash line of .220/.335/.393.
- Cronenworth enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .158 during his last five games with one homer.
- Manny Machado has 36 hits and an OBP of .282 to go with a slugging percentage of .372 this season.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Alex Verdugo leads the Red Sox with a team-best batting average of .305.
- In all of the majors, Verdugo ranks 99th in home runs and 111th in RBI.
- Verdugo heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with three doubles and two walks.
- Masataka Yoshida has eight doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks while hitting .300.
- Yoshida currently ranks 70th in homers and 27th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Yoshida takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a triple, three walks and four RBI.
- Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 11 home runs and 40 runs batted in.
- Turner is hitting .280 with nine doubles, five home runs and 20 walks.
- Turner takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a double, two home runs and four RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!