MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 10:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Padres||-1.5 (+153)||O 7.5 (-131)||-133|
|Red Sox||+1.5 (-181)||U 7.5 (+103)||+113|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Musgrove (R) BOS: Sale (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Red Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Boston Red Sox (25-20) and Rafael Devers (2 HR in his last game) are underdogs (+113) on the moneyline for their matchup with the San Diego Padres (20-25) on Saturday at 10:10 PM ET on MLB Network. Joe Musgrove takes the mound for San Diego while Chris Sale is Boston’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Red Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres are the fourth-lowest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.8 runs per game (173 total).
- The Padres average one home run per game to rank 18th in baseball with 47 total home runs.
- San Diego has the worst batting average in MLB (.224).
- The Padres rank 18th in MLB with a .315 on-base percentage.
- San Diego’s .379 slugging percentage is 25th in baseball.
- The Red Sox are among the highest scoring teams in the majors, ranking third with 254 total runs this season.
- Boston has hit 57 homers this season, which ranks 10th in the majors.
- The Red Sox’s .271 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .341 this season, which ranks third in baseball.
- The Red Sox rank third in the majors with a .451 team slugging percentage.
Padres vs. Red Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have gone 9-12 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 42.9% of those games).
- San Diego has a 9-8 record (winning 52.9% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -133 or shorter.
- The Padres have a 57.1% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- San Diego has combined with opponents to go over the total eight times this season for an 8-26-0 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have a 14-19-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Red Sox have entered the game as underdogs 26 times this season and won 14, or 53.8%, of those games.
- Boston has entered 15 games this season as the underdog by +113 or more and is 11-4 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Red Sox, based on the moneyline, is 46.9%.
- Boston’s games have gone over the total in 22 of its 33 chances.
- The Red Sox are 18-17-0 against the spread in their 35 chances this season.
|Joe Musgrove (SD)||Pitcher||Chris Sale (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||3 – 2|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (20) this season while batting .247.
- Soto ranks 45th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 95th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .268 leads all San Diego hitters this season.
- Bogaerts is 72nd in homers and 145th in RBI in the bigs.
- Jake Cronenworth has collected 34 base hits, an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .390 this season.
- Cronenworth enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .211 over the course of his last five outings with one homer.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has 31 hits and an OBP of .319 to go with a slugging percentage of .491 this season.
Red Sox Key Hitters
- Devers leads the Red Sox with 13 home runs and 44 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Devers ranks fourth in homers and second in RBI.
- Alex Verdugo’s .304 batting average paces his team.
- Verdugo currently ranks 103rd in home runs and 112th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Verdugo has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .353 with three doubles and three walks.
- Masataka Yoshida is batting .299 with eight doubles, a triple, six home runs and 16 walks.
- Yoshida heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with a double, a triple, two walks and four RBI.
- Justin Turner has nine doubles, five home runs and 21 walks while hitting .279.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!