MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 3:10 PM ET
- Where: Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CHI
|Padres||-1.5 (-113)||O 9.5 (+102)||-185|
|White Sox||+1.5 (-103)||U 9.5 (-129)||+156|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Avila (R) CHW: Urena (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. White Sox, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
After a four-hit game last time out, Ha-Seong Kim leads the San Diego Padres (81-80) as -185 favorites against the Chicago White Sox (61-100). Action gets underway from Guaranteed Rate Field at 3:10 PM ET on Sunday, live on NBCS-CHI. San Diego’s Pedro Avila gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Jose Urena.
Padres vs. White Sox 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres have the No. 13 offense in MLB action scoring 4.7 runs per game (750 total runs).
- The Padres are 13th in baseball with 205 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- San Diego has the 19th-ranked batting average in MLB (.244).
- The Padres’ .329 on-base percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- San Diego’s .415 slugging percentage is 14th in MLB.
- The White Sox are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 640 total runs (four per game) this season.
- Chicago ranks 20th in Major League Baseball with 171 home runs.
- The White Sox have a team batting average of just .238 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- Chicago is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .292.
- The White Sox rank 26th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .385 this season.
Padres vs. White Sox Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline 116 total times this season. They’ve gone 64-52 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -185 or shorter, San Diego has a 20-13 record (winning 60.6% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Padres a 64.9% chance to win.
- San Diego has played in 143 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-80-0).
- The Padres have collected a 72-75-0 record ATS this season.
- The White Sox have been underdogs in 110 games this season and won 35 (31.8%) of those contests.
- Chicago has entered 19 games this season as the underdog by +156 or more and is 5-14 in those contests.
- The White Sox have a 39.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in 61 of its 140 games with a total this season.
- In 147 games with a spread this season, the White Sox are 72-75-0 ATS.
|Pedro Avila (SD)||Pitcher||José Ureña (CHW)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 7|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in home runs with 35 and runs batted in with 109.
- Soto ranks 14th in MLB in home runs, and fourth in RBI.
- Soto enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .316 with two homers.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has collected 149 hits this season and has an OBP of .324. He’s slugging .451 on the year.
- Of all MLB hitters, Tatis ranks 45th in homers and 63rd in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .285 to lead San Diego, while adding 19 homers and 58 runs batted in this season.
- Bogaerts will look to add one more to his seven-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .368.
- Manny Machado has collected 140 hits this season and has an OBP of .319. He’s slugging .462 on the year.
- Machado enters this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five outings he’s hitting .500 with two homers.
White Sox Key Hitters
- Andrew Vaughn leads the White Sox with 80 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Vaughn is 80th in homers and 52nd in RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .262 with 34 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 52 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, Benintendi is 311th in homers and 198th in RBI.
- Eloy Jimenez has 23 doubles, 18 home runs and 30 walks while hitting .270.
- Elvis Andrus has 20 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 25 walks while batting .255.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!