MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: SD: Wacha (R) CHC: Smyly (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Chicago Cubs (13-9) serve as underdogs on the moneyline (-106) in Wednesday’s contest against the San Diego Padres (12-13). The game starts at 7:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Cubs are favored against the spread in this one () with odds. San Diego’s Michael Wacha and Chicago’s Drew Smyly have been named the starters for this contest.
Padres vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres are the 24th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 3.7 runs per game (92 total).
- The Padres rank 15th in MLB action with 27 total home runs.
- San Diego is 29th in MLB with a .214 batting average.
- The Padres’ .301 on-base percentage is the fifth-worst in MLB.
- San Diego’s .371 slugging percentage ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Cubs have scored 127 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- Chicago’s 29 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs’ .278 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- Chicago is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking second with an OBP of .351.
- Fueled by 68 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank fifth in MLB with a .446 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline eight total times this season. They’ve gone 4-4 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -109 or shorter, San Diego has a record of 4-4 (50%).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Padres have an implied win probability of 52.2%.
- San Diego has combined with opponents to go over the total five times this season for a 5-9-0 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have put together a 6-8-0 record against the spread this season (covering 42.9% of the time).
- The Cubs have been underdogs in seven games this season and won three (42.9%) of those contests.
- This season, Chicago has won three of its seven games when it’s the underdog by at least -106 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 51.5% chance to win.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in six of its 11 opportunities.
- The Cubs are 9-3-0 ATS in their 12 games with a spread this season.
|Michael Wacha (SD)||Pitcher||Drew Smyly (CHC)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 1|
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .330 this season with five home runs, both tops among San Diego hitters.
- Bogaerts is 22nd in home runs and 65th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Juan Soto is batting .188 with an OBP of .367 and a slugging percentage of .365 this season.
- Soto ranks 48th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 125th in RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth is slashing .220/.305/.439 this season for the Padres.
- Trent Grisham is batting .198 with an OBP of .310 and a slugging percentage of .419 this season.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads the Cubs with a team-high batting average of .347.
- In all of the majors, Hoerner ranks 123rd in homers and 43rd in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has put his power on display as he leads his team with nine home runs and 18 RBI.
- Wisdom currently ranks third in home runs and 16th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Ian Happ has nine doubles, two home runs and 16 walks while hitting .295.
- Yan Gomes is batting .309 with five home runs and a walk.
- Gomes heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .429 with two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!