MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, April 27, 2023 at 2:20 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MARQ
|Padres||-1.5 (+113)||O 8.5 (-116)||-140|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-133)||U 8.5 (-109)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Lugo (R) CHC: Wesneski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (13-13) are -140 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Chicago Cubs (13-10) Thursday at 2:20 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Cubs are listed with +120 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. Seth Lugo will get the ball for San Diego while Chicago will counter with Hayden Wesneski.
Padres vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres are the 23rd-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.7 runs per game (97 total).
- The Padres are 17th in MLB action with 27 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- San Diego has the second-worst batting average in MLB (.216).
- The Padres rank 24th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .301.
- San Diego is 23rd in baseball with a .370 slugging percentage.
- The Cubs have scored 130 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Chicago has hit 30 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the majors.
- The Cubs rank second in MLB with a .276 team batting average.
- Chicago has an on-base percentage of .347 this season, which ranks second in baseball.
- The Cubs are fifth in MLB with a .443 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have a 4-4 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- San Diego has gone 4-3 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -140 or shorter (57.1% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Padres a 58.3% chance to win.
- San Diego has played in 15 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total five times (5-10-0).
- The Padres have covered 46.7% of their games this season, going 7-8-0 ATS.
- This season, the Cubs have been the underdog seven times and won three of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 3-1 when it’s set as an underdog of +120 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Cubs, based on the moneyline, is 45.5%.
- So far this season, Chicago and its opponents have hit the over in six of its 12 games with a total.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 9-4-0 in 13 games with a spread this season.
|Seth Lugo (SD)||Pitcher||Hayden Wesneski (CHC)|
|2 – 1||W/L||1 – 1|
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego in homers with five while also maintaining a team-best .326 batting average.
- Bogaerts ranks 23rd in homers and 74th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Bogaerts is batting .200 during his last five outings and is riding a two-game hitting streak.
- Juan Soto is batting .178 with an OBP of .351 and a slugging percentage of .344 this season.
- Soto is 52nd in home runs and 136th in RBI among all batters this season.
- Jake Cronenworth leads San Diego in runs batted in (13) this season. He has a .221 batting average and a .453 slugging percentage.
- Trent Grisham is batting .195 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .414 this season.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner has put up a team-high batting average of .340.
- Hoerner’s home run total ranks 128th in MLB, and he is 36th in RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom has shown off his power as he paces his team with nine home runs and 18 runs batted in.
- Wisdom is third in homers and 20th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Ian Happ is batting .293 with nine doubles, two home runs and 16 walks.
- Yan Gomes has a double, five home runs and a walk while batting .305.
- Gomes heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with a double, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!