MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 10:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: Fox Sports 1
|Padres||-1.5 (+125)||O 7.5 (-125)||-172|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-147)||U 7.5 (-102)||+146|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Darvish (R) CHC: Smyly (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (26-31) are favorites (-172) on the moneyline when they square off against the Chicago Cubs (25-31) Saturday at 10:10 PM ET, live on Fox Sports 1. San Diego’s Yu Darvish gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Drew Smyly.
Padres vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres are the 24th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.1 runs per game (235 total).
- The Padres average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 65 total home runs.
- San Diego’s .220 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Padres rank 22nd in MLB with a .313 on-base percentage.
- San Diego ranks 25th in MLB, slugging .380.
- The Cubs have scored 250 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 67 home runs.
- The Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- Chicago has an OBP of .331 this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- Fueled by 157 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .409 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 14 of the 30 games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (46.7%).
- San Diego has a record of 5-6 when it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -172 or shorter (45.5% winning percentage).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Padres a 63.2% chance to win.
- San Diego has played in 45 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 13 times (13-32-0).
- The Padres have covered 46.7% of their games this season, going 21-24-0 ATS.
- This season, the Cubs have been the underdog 24 times and won 10, or 41.7%, of those games.
- This season, Chicago has won three of its six games when it’s the underdog by at least +146 on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 40.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 21 of its 42 opportunities.
- The Cubs are 24-21-0 against the spread in their 45 chances this season.
|Yu Darvish (SD)||Pitcher||Drew Smyly (CHC)|
|3 – 4||W/L||5 – 2|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto is batting .255 this season with a team-high 10 home runs and 26 RBI.
- Soto’s home runs put him 36th in MLB, and he is 80th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .257 leads all San Diego hitters this season.
- Bogaerts ranks 86th in baseball in homers, and 140th in RBI.
- Bogaerts has a batting average of .250 in his last five outings and is working on a four-game hit streak.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has collected 40 base hits, an OBP of .304 and a slugging percentage of .475 this season.
- Tatis enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .250 in his last five outings.
- Jake Cronenworth has collected 40 hits this season and has an OBP of .319. He’s slugging .364 on the year.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .286 with eight doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Hoerner ranks 181st in homers and 80th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Hoerner brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .211 with a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Dansby Swanson has 12 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 31 walks while batting .274.
- Swanson is 108th overall in homers and 98th in RBI this season.
- Ian Happ is batting .273 with 15 doubles, four home runs and 38 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom’s 14 home runs and 28 RBI both pace his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!