MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, June 5, 2023 at 9:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Padres||-1.5 (+120)||O 8.5 (-112)||-175|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-140)||U 8.5 (-113)||+148|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Snell (L) CHC: Hendricks (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres will take the field against the Chicago Cubs (26-32) on Monday. The game begins at 9:10 PM ET on MLB Network, with the Padres listed as -175 favorites on the moneyline. San Diego’s Blake Snell gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Kyle Hendricks.
Padres vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres have the No. 24 offense in MLB play scoring 4.1 runs per game (242 total runs).
- The Padres rank 15th in MLB action with 67 total home runs.
- San Diego has the second-worst batting average in the majors (.220).
- The Padres’ .313 on-base percentage ranks 22nd in baseball.
- San Diego is 25th in MLB, slugging .381.
- The Cubs have scored the 20th-most runs in the league this season with 257 (4.4 per game).
- Chicago ranks 10th in Major League Baseball with 70 home runs.
- The Cubs’ .251 batting average ranks 13th in the league this season.
- Chicago is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .330.
- The Cubs rank 14th in the majors with a .408 team slugging percentage.
Padres vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 15 of the 31 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (48.4%).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -175 or shorter, San Diego has a 6-5 record (winning 54.5% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Padres a 63.6% chance to win.
- In the 47 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for San Diego, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 13 times (13-34-0).
- The Padres have a 22-25-0 record against the spread this season (covering 46.8% of the time).
- The Cubs have been underdogs in 25 games this season and won 10 (40%) of those contests.
- Chicago is 2-3 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +148 or more on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 40.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 21 of 44 chances this season.
- In 47 games with a spread this season, the Cubs are 25-22-0 ATS.
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||Kyle Hendricks (CHC)|
|1 – 6||W/L||0 – 1|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in runs batted in with 27 while batting .253, which is also best on the team.
- Soto is 38th in homers and 77th in RBI among all batters in Major League Baseball.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. leads San Diego in home runs (11) and runs batted in (27) this season while batting .263.
- Tatis will look to extend his four-game hit streak. During his last five games, he’s batting .381 with two homers.
- Xander Bogaerts has 54 hits this season and a slash line of .252/.337/.388.
- Ha-Seong Kim is batting .238 with an OBP of .335 and a slugging percentage of .378 this season.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Nico Hoerner leads the Cubs with a team-best batting average of .284.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Hoerner’s home run total puts him 189th, and his RBI total ranks 90th.
- Dansby Swanson is hitting .276 with 13 doubles, two triples, six home runs and 32 walks.
- Swanson ranks 113th in homers and 90th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Swanson takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Ian Happ is batting .268 with 15 doubles, four home runs and 39 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom has hit 14 home runs with 28 RBI. Both are team-highs.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!