MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 1, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSSD
|Padres||-1.5 (-113)||O 8.5 (-131)||-232|
|Reds||+1.5 (-103)||U 8.5 (+103)||+194|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Snell (L) CIN: Weaver (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres will take the field against the Cincinnati Reds (12-16) on Monday. The game begins at 9:40 PM ET on BSSD, with the Padres listed as -232 favorites on the moneyline. Blake Snell takes the mound for San Diego while Luke Weaver is Cincinnati’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres have the No. 20 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (121 total runs).
- The Padres are 10th in MLB action with 35 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- San Diego is 25th in MLB with a .227 batting average.
- The Padres rank 20th in baseball with a .313 on-base percentage.
- San Diego is 16th in baseball, slugging .399.
- The Reds have scored 125 runs (4.5 per game) this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Cincinnati has hit just 19 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the majors.
- The Reds rank 14th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- Cincinnati has the 11th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.330).
- The Reds are 26th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .366 this season.
Padres vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have put together a 6-5 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 54.5% of those games).
- San Diego has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -232 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Padres a 69.9% chance to win.
- San Diego has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 18 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in six of those games (6-12-0).
- The Padres have put together a 9-9-0 record ATS this season (covering 50% of the time).
- This season, the Reds have won five out of the 14 games, or 35.7%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Cincinnati has played as an underdog of +194 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 34% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of its 19 games with a total this season.
- The Reds are 10-8-0 ATS in their 18 games with a spread this season.
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||Luke Weaver (CIN)|
|0 – 4||W/L||0 – 1|
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego in homers with six while also maintaining a team-best .308 batting average.
- Bogaerts’ home runs rank him 24th in Major League Baseball, and he is 88th in RBI.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .211 with one homer.
- Juan Soto has collected 20 hits this season and has an OBP of .388. He’s slugging .384 on the year.
- Soto ranks 39th in home runs and 113th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Soto enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .222 over the course of his last five outings with one homer.
- Jake Cronenworth is slashing .220/.298/.430 this season for the Padres.
- Cronenworth enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .182 during his last five outings.
- Manny Machado is batting .236 with an OBP of .280 and a slugging percentage of .391 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India is batting .287 with eight doubles, a home run and 16 walks.
- India ranks 231st in homers and 113th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- India brings a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with three walks and three RBI.
- Jake Fraley has hit two home runs with 16 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Fraley is 152nd in home runs and 49th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- TJ Friedl has a team-best batting average of .301, and paces the Reds in home runs (two).
- Spencer Steer has hit two home runs to lead his team.
- Steer takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .130 with two doubles.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!