MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Pitching Probables: SD: Wacha (R) CIN: Ashcraft (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (16-14) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they host the Cincinnati Reds (12-17) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Padres are listed as -256 favorites by oddsmakers, while the Reds are +212 underdogs. Michael Wacha starts for San Diego while Graham Ashcraft is Cincinnati’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres have the No. 16 offense in MLB action scoring 4.3 runs per game (129 total runs).
- The Padres rank 10th in baseball with 36 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- San Diego ranks 21st in MLB with a .235 batting average.
- The Padres’ .320 on-base percentage is 17th in baseball.
- San Diego’s .407 slugging percentage is 16th in MLB.
- The Reds have scored 128 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- Cincinnati’s 20 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Reds’ .248 batting average ranks 16th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has the 13th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.327).
- The Reds rank 26th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .366 this season.
Padres vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won seven of the 12 games they were favored on the moneyline this season (58.3%).
- San Diego has never played a game this season with moneyline odds of -256 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Padres a 71.9% chance to win.
- San Diego has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 19 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in seven of those games (7-12-0).
- The Padres have put together a 10-9-0 record ATS this season.
- The Reds have entered the game as underdogs 15 times this season and won five, or 33.3%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has played as an underdog of +212 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 32.1% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 11 of 20 chances this season.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 10-9-0 in 19 games with a spread this season.
|Michael Wacha (SD)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|2 – 1||W/L||2 – 0|
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .304 this season with six home runs, both rank first among San Diego hitters.
- Bogaerts’ home runs rank him 27th in baseball, and he ranks 91st in RBI.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .190 with one homer.
- Juan Soto has 22 hits and an OBP of .396 to go with a slugging percentage of .398 this season.
- Soto ranks 40th in homers and 91st in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Soto will look to extend his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .333 with one homer.
- Jake Cronenworth is slashing .229/.303/.429 this season for the Padres.
- Cronenworth will look to add one more to his three-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he has a batting average of .261.
- Trent Grisham is batting .220 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .440 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India has eight doubles, a home run and 16 walks while hitting .276.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, India is 237th in homers and 122nd in RBI.
- Nick Senzel has shown off his power as he paces his team with three home runs.
- Senzel ranks 107th overall in home runs and 113th in RBI this season.
- Senzel brings a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .424 with a double, three home runs, four walks and 11 RBI.
- Jake Fraley has collected a team-high 16 runs batted in.
- TJ Friedl has a club-high .298 batting average.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!