MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSSD
|Padres||-1.5 (-126)||O 8.5 (-125)||-263|
|Reds||+1.5 (+108)||U 8.5 (-102)||+217|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Lugo (R) CIN: Cessa (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (16-15) and the Cincinnati Reds (13-17) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET. The Padres are -263 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Reds (+217). Seth Lugo takes the mound for San Diego while Luis Cessa is Cincinnati’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres rank 17th in runs scored with 130, 4.2 per game.
- The Padres rank 11th in MLB action with 36 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- San Diego has the 22nd-ranked batting average in MLB (.233).
- The Padres are 18th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .317.
- San Diego is 16th in MLB with a .401 slugging percentage.
- The Reds rank 17th in the majors with 130 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati ranks 27th in Major League Baseball with just 20 home runs as a team.
- The Reds rank 16th in MLB with a .245 team batting average.
- Cincinnati has an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Reds are 26th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .358 this season.
Padres vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have gone 7-6 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 53.8% of those games).
- San Diego has not yet played as moneyline favorites of -263 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Padres a 72.5% chance to win.
- San Diego has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total seven times this season for a 7-13-0 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have covered 50% of their games this season, going 10-10-0 against the spread.
- The Reds have been underdogs in 16 games this season and won six (37.5%) of those contests.
- Cincinnati has played as an underdog of +217 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Reds have a 31.5% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of its 21 opportunities.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 11-9-0 in 20 games with a spread this season.
|Seth Lugo (SD)||Pitcher||Luis Cessa (CIN)|
|2 – 2||W/L||1 – 3|
Padres Key Hitters
- Xander Bogaerts leads San Diego in batting average (.304) and home runs (six) this season, while also chipping in with 13 RBI.
- Bogaerts is 28th in home runs and 97th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Bogaerts is batting .190 with one homer during his last five games and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Juan Soto has collected 24 hits this season and has an OBP of .396. He’s slugging .417 on the year.
- Soto is 41st in home runs and 77th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Soto enters this game on a five-game hit streak. He’s hitting .444 during his last five outings with one homer.
- Jake Cronenworth has 25 hits this season and a slash line of .229/.301/.422.
- Cronenworth enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .261 over the course of his last five outings.
- Trent Grisham has 22 hits and an OBP of .336 to go with a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India has eight doubles, a home run and 16 walks while hitting .273.
- India’s home run total ranks 237th in MLB, and he is 124th in RBI.
- Jake Fraley has made the most of his opportunities as he paces his team with 17 runs batted in.
- Fraley ranks 167th in homers and 47th in RBI among all MLB batters this season.
- Nick Senzel has hit a team-best three homers.
- TJ Friedl is batting .313 to pace his team.
ClutchBet is Iowa’s newest online Sportsbook offering hundreds of NCAA game bets each week, including live betting while you watch the game.
Our players have access to hand picked daily boosted markets, head-to-head matchups and promotions that make wagering on your favorite Iowa team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!