MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, July 21, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan
- How to Watch on TV: Apple TV+
|Padres||-1.5 (+115)||O 8.5 (-128)||-140|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-135)||U 8.5 (+101)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Lugo (R) DET: Olson (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (44-52) enter Friday’s matchup with the San Diego Padres (46-51) following their 3-1 series victory over the Royals. The Padres, coming off of a series win against the Blue Jays, are listed as -140 favorites for Game 1. The series begins at Comerica Park, starting at 6:40 PM ET on Apple TV+. Seth Lugo takes the mound for San Diego while Reese Olson is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres rank 14th in runs scored with 434, 4.5 per game.
- The Padres are ninth-best in baseball with 121 total home runs.
- San Diego ranks 23rd in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Padres’ .324 on-base percentage is 12th in baseball.
- San Diego is 15th in MLB with a .404 slugging percentage.
- The Tigers have scored the 28th-most runs in the league this season with just 376 (3.9 per game).
- Detroit ranks 26th in Major League Baseball with just 90 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .298 this season, which ranks 28th in baseball.
- The Tigers rank 29th in the majors with a .366 team slugging percentage.
Padres vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have been the moneyline favorite 65 total times this season. They’ve gone 33-32 in those games.
- San Diego has gone 26-17 (winning 60.5% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -140 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Padres have an implied win probability of 58.3%.
- In the 82 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for San Diego, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 34 times (34-48-0).
- The Padres have a 40-44-0 record against the spread this season (covering 47.6% of the time).
- The Tigers have been underdogs in 72 games this season and won 33 (45.8%) of those contests.
- This season, Detroit has won 24 of its 51 games, or 47.1%, when it’s the underdog by at least +120 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 45.5% chance to win.
- Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 43 of its 83 games with a total this season.
- The Tigers are 46-38-0 against the spread in their 84 chances this season.
|Seth Lugo (SD)||Pitcher||Reese Olson (DET)|
|3 – 4||W/L||1 – 3|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in runs batted in with 54 and has a batting average of .262.
- Soto’s home runs rank him 29th in Major League Baseball, and he is 37th in RBI.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is batting .286 to lead San Diego, while adding 17 homers and 49 runs batted in this season.
- Among all MLB hitters, Tatis is 29th in homers and 61st in RBI.
- Tatis enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s hitting .278 over the course of his last five outings.
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in home runs (18) and runs batted in (54) this season while batting .255.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .261 with an OBP of .343 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
- Bogaerts will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .300 with one homer in his last five outings.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Spencer Torkelson leads the Tigers with 14 home runs and 52 runs batted in.
- Torkelson ranks 60th in home runs and 47th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Javier Baez has 12 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 15 walks while batting .224.
- Baez currently ranks 180th in home runs and 69th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Zach McKinstry has accumulated a team-high batting average of .244.
- Matt Vierling is batting .271 with nine doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 23 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!