MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 15, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: BSSD
|Padres||-1.5 (-103)||O 8.5 (-133)||-208|
|Royals||+1.5 (-113)||U 8.5 (+105)||+174|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Wacha (R) KC: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
A losing streak will come to an end Monday when the San Diego Padres (19-22), losers of five straight, take on the Kansas City Royals (12-30). The Royals are hoping to avoid their third loss in a row. The Padres are -208 favorites to snap out of their slide when the teams hit the field at PETCO Park, with first pitch at 9:40 PM ET on BSSD. Michael Wacha will get the ball for San Diego while Kansas City will counter with Brad Keller.
Padres vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres rank 25th in runs scored with 161, 3.9 per game.
- The Padres are 14th in MLB action with 45 total home runs.
- San Diego has the second-worst batting average in MLB (.225).
- The Padres’ .311 on-base percentage ranks 20th in MLB.
- San Diego is 20th in MLB with a .386 slugging percentage.
- The Royals have scored 173 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- Kansas City’s 43 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Royals’ .237 batting average ranks 22nd in the league this season.
- Kansas City is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .300.
- The Royals are 17th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .397 this season.
Padres vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have been the moneyline favorite 17 total times this season. They’ve gone 8-9 in those games.
- San Diego has played as moneyline favorites of -208 or shorter in just two games this season, which it won both.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Padres a 67.5% chance to win.
- San Diego has combined with opponents to go over the total seven times this season for a 7-23-0 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have gone 13-16-0 against the spread this season.
- This season, the Royals have won eight out of the 26 games, or 30.8%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Kansas City has won one of its 10 games, or 10%, when it’s the underdog by at least +174 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 36.5% chance of a victory for the Royals.
- So far this season, Kansas City and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of its 28 games with a total.
- The Royals are 14-15-0 ATS in their 29 games with a spread this season.
|Michael Wacha (SD)||Pitcher||Brad Keller (KC)|
|3 – 1||W/L||3 – 3|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in home runs with seven and runs batted in with 20.
- Soto’s home runs put him 38th in MLB, and he is 65th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .265 to lead San Diego, while adding six homers and 15 runs batted in this season.
- Bogaerts ranks 62nd in home runs and 137th in RBI in the majors.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s hitting .211 over the course of his last five outings.
- Manny Machado has collected 36 base hits, an OBP of .280 and a slugging percentage of .374 this season.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .216 with an OBP of .327 and a slugging percentage of .367 this season.
Royals Key Hitters
- Vinnie Pasquantino is batting .269 with 13 doubles, seven home runs and 21 walks.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Pasquantino is 38th in homers and 81st in RBI.
- Bobby Witt Jr. has seven doubles, four triples, seven home runs and nine walks while batting .233.
- Witt Jr. ranks 38th in homers and 89th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Witt Jr. has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .182 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Salvador Perez paces the Royals with nine home runs and 23 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-best batting average of .301.
- Perez brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with two doubles, two home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Edward Olivares is batting .237 with six doubles, two triples, three home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!