MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, July 9, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: SDPA
|Padres||-1.5 (+159)||O 7.5 (-126)||-131|
|Mets||+1.5 (-188)||U 7.5 (-101)||+112|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Musgrove (R) NYM: Scherzer (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Mets, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (42-47) and the New York Mets (42-47) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Padres are -131 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Mets (+112). San Diego’s Joe Musgrove and New York’s Max Scherzer have been named the starters for this contest.
Padres vs. Mets 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres rank 19th in runs scored with 395, 4.4 per game.
- The Padres are 10th-best in MLB play with 107 total home runs.
- San Diego is 23rd in MLB with a .234 batting average.
- The Padres are 12th in MLB with a .323 on-base percentage.
- San Diego is 18th in MLB, slugging .401.
- The Mets have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 403 (4.5 per game).
- New York has hit 114 homers this season, which ranks eighth in the majors.
- The Mets have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- New York has an on-base percentage of .320 this season, which ranks 17th in the majors.
- The Mets are 16th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .405 this season.
Padres vs. Mets Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 50% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (30-30).
- San Diego has a 26-17 record (winning 60.5% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -131 or shorter.
- The Padres have an implied moneyline win probability of 56.7% in this contest.
- San Diego has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 28 times this season for a 28-46-0 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have put together a 35-41-0 record ATS this season (covering 46.1% of the time).
- The Mets have won 10, or 37%, of the 27 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- New York has a record of 2-9, a 18.2% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +112 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 47.2% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 32 of its 71 chances.
- The Mets are 27-40-0 ATS in their 67 games with a spread this season.
|Joe Musgrove (SD)||Pitcher||Max Scherzer (NYM)|
|7 – 2||W/L||8 – 2|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in runs batted in with 47 and has a batting average of .268.
- Soto ranks 34th in the majors in home runs, and 49th in RBI.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. leads San Diego in homers with 16 while also batting a team-best .285 this season.
- Tatis is 29th in MLB in homers, and 66th in RBI.
- Tatis has a batting average of .348 during his last five outings and is on a three-game hit streak.
- Xander Bogaerts has collected 79 base hits, an OBP of .340 and a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
- Manny Machado has 75 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .436 this season.
Mets Key Hitters
- Francisco Lindor has 20 doubles, two triples, 19 home runs and 36 walks while hitting .239.
- Lindor’s home run total ranks 14th in MLB, and he is 12th in RBI.
- Lindor has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .476 with a double, two triples, two home runs, two walks and five RBI.
- Pete Alonso has put his power on display as he leads his team with 26 home runs and 61 runs batted in.
- Alonso ranks third in homers and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Brandon Nimmo leads the Mets with a .268 batting average.
- Jeff McNeil is batting .252 with 13 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 27 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!