MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, September 2, 2023 at 8:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: SDPA
|Padres||-1.5 (+118)||O 7.5 (-133)||-188|
|Giants||+1.5 (-138)||U 7.5 (+105)||+159|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Snell (L) SF: Harrison (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Giants, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres will take the field against the San Francisco Giants (70-65) on Saturday. The game begins at 8:40 PM ET on SDPA, with the Padres listed as -188 favorites on the moneyline. Blake Snell starts for San Diego while Kyle Harrison is San Francisco’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Giants 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (611 total).
- The Padres are 13th in MLB play with 170 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- San Diego’s .240 batting average ranks 22nd in MLB.
- The Padres’ .326 on-base percentage ranks 11th in baseball.
- San Diego ranks 16th in baseball with a .409 slugging percentage.
- The Giants rank 22nd in the majors with 583 total runs scored this season.
- San Francisco’s 145 home runs rank 21st in Major League Baseball.
- The Giants have a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- San Francisco has an OBP of .314 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- Fueled by 373 extra-base hits, the Giants rank 25th in MLB with a .387 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Giants Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 50.5% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (50-49).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -188 or shorter, San Diego has a record of 14-12 (53.8%).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Padres’ implied win probability is 65.3%.
- San Diego has played in 118 games with over/under set, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 53 times (53-65-0).
- The Padres have gone 57-66-0 against the spread this season.
- The Giants have won 28, or 51.9%, of the 54 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- San Francisco has entered five games this season as the underdog by +159 or more and is 3-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 38.6% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 54 of 120 chances this season.
- The Giants are 62-58-0 against the spread in their 120 chances this season.
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||Kyle Harrison (SF)|
|11 – 9||W/L||1 – 0|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in home runs with 26 and runs batted in with 81.
- Soto’s home runs put him 20th in MLB, and he ranks 24th in RBI.
- Ha-Seong Kim leads San Diego in batting with a .277 average while slugging 17 homers and driving in 53 runs.
- Of all MLB hitters, Kim is 91st in home runs and 113th in RBI.
- Kim has a batting average of .333 over the course of his last five games and is working on a five-game hit streak.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is slashing .266/.329/.463 this season for the Padres.
- Tatis will look to add one more to his five-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he has a batting average of .400 with one homer.
- Manny Machado has 115 hits and an OBP of .312 to go with a slugging percentage of .448 this season.
Giants Key Hitters
- Wilmer Flores has put up a team-high 20 home runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Flores’ home run total puts him 61st, and his RBI total ranks 130th.
- LaMonte Wade Jr is hitting .250 with 14 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 66 walks.
- Wade is 139th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 205th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a team-best batting average of .277.
- Estrada has hit safely in six straight games. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .302 with three doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Joc Pederson is hitting .239 with 10 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 46 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!