MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: PETCO Park in San Diego, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Padres||-1.5 (+132)||O 9.5 (+105)||-156|
|Cardinals||+1.5 (-156)||U 9.5 (-133)||+132|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Waldron (R) STL: Hudson (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Cardinals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (75-78) will put their seven-game win streak to the test when they host the St. Louis Cardinals (67-86) Friday at 9:40 PM ET on MLB Network. Oddsmakers consider the Padres -156 favorites to extend their streak, while the Cardinals are +132 underdogs looking for the upset. San Diego’s Matt Waldron gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson.
Padres vs. Cardinals 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres rank 13th in runs scored with 713, 4.7 per game.
- The Padres are 13th in MLB action with 198 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- San Diego ranks 21st in MLB with a .242 batting average.
- The Padres’ .328 on-base percentage is eighth-best in baseball.
- San Diego ranks 14th in baseball, slugging .415.
- The Cardinals have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 683 (4.5 per game).
- St. Louis’ 204 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cardinals rank 14th in MLB with a .251 team batting average.
- St. Louis has an OBP of .326 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- The Cardinals rank 12th in the majors with a .419 team slugging percentage.
Padres vs. Cardinals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have been the moneyline favorite 109 total times this season. They’ve finished 59-50 in those games.
- San Diego has gone 36-20 (winning 64.3% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -156 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Padres a 60.9% chance to win.
- San Diego has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 62 times this season for a 62-73-0 record against the over/under.
- The Padres have a 67-72-0 record ATS this season.
- The Cardinals have entered the game as underdogs 71 times this season and won 32, or 45.1%, of those games.
- St. Louis has entered 19 games this season as the underdog by +132 or more and is 11-8 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Cardinals, based on the moneyline, is 43.1%.
- St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 62 of its 124 games with a total this season.
- The Cardinals are 62-76-0 ATS in their 138 games with a spread this season.
|Matt Waldron (SD)||Pitcher||Dakota Hudson (STL)|
|1 – 3||W/L||6 – 2|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto is batting .267 this season with a team-high 32 home runs and 101 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Soto ranks 56th in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and 19th in slugging.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is batting .262 with an OBP of .326 and a slugging percentage of .463 this season.
- Tatis is 40th in baseball in homers, and 54th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts is batting .283 to lead San Diego, while adding 19 homers and 53 runs batted in this season.
- Bogaerts enters this game on a six-game hit streak. He’s batting .522 during his last five outings with one homer.
- Manny Machado has collected 129 hits this season and has an OBP of .311. He’s slugging .449 on the year.
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado has collected a team-high 93 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in the majors, Arenado ranks 34th in home runs and 23rd in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt’s .271 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Goldschmidt is 40th in home runs and 47th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Goldschmidt takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Willson Contreras is batting .264 with 27 doubles, 20 home runs and 51 walks.
- Lars Nootbaar is batting .265 with 23 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 67 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!