MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
|Padres||-1.5 (+113)||O 8.5 (-101)||-151|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-133)||U 8.5 (-126)||+129|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Darvish (R) WSH: Gore (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Washington Nationals (20-27) will look to Jeimer Candelario, after his four-hit game last time out, to lead them in a matchup with the San Diego Padres (21-26) on Tuesday at 7:05 PM ET on MASN2. The Nationals are +129 underdogs for the contest, according to bookmakers. Yu Darvish starts for San Diego while MacKenzie Gore is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Padres vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres score the fifth-fewest runs in baseball (182 total, 3.9 per game).
- The Padres rank 19th in baseball with 50 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- San Diego has the worst batting average in the majors (.221).
- The Padres rank 21st in MLB with a .312 on-base percentage.
- San Diego is 25th in MLB, slugging .378.
- The Nationals rank 24th in the majors with 193 total runs scored this season.
- Washington has hit just 34 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the majors.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .263 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks 14th in the majors.
- Fueled by 113 extra-base hits, the Nationals rank 24th in MLB with a .381 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 43.5% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (10-13).
- San Diego has gone 7-7 (winning 50% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -151 or shorter.
- The Padres have an implied moneyline win probability of 60.2% in this game.
- San Diego has played in 36 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total eight times (8-28-0).
- The Padres have collected a 15-20-0 record ATS this season (covering 42.9% of the time).
- This season, the Nationals have won 13 out of the 34 games, or 38.2%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- This season, Washington has won 10 of its 21 games, or 47.6%, when it’s the underdog by at least +129 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Nationals, based on the moneyline, is 43.7%.
- Washington and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of its 35 games with a total this season.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 23-11-0 ATS.
|Yu Darvish (SD)||Pitcher||MacKenzie Gore (WSH)|
|2 – 3||W/L||3 – 3|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto is batting .248 this season with a team-high eight home runs and 21 RBI.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Soto is 41st in homers and 95th in RBI.
- Soto will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .222 with one homer during his last five outings.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .257 leads all San Diego hitters this season.
- Bogaerts is 86th in homers and 162nd in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Jake Cronenworth is slashing .211/.325/.373 this season for the Padres.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is batting .274 with an OBP of .315 and a slugging percentage of .496 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas has a team-high six home runs and 23 runs batted in.
- Thomas ranks 86th in home runs and 68th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Thomas heads into this game on a seven-game hitting streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .317 with three doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario’s six home runs are a team-high mark.
- Candelario ranks 86th in home runs and 108th in RBI among all major league batters this year.
- Candelario has hit safely in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .524 with three doubles, two home runs and four RBI.
- Luis Garcia has five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 11 walks while batting .255.
- Keibert Ruiz is hitting .242 with seven doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Ruiz has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .176 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!