MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
|Padres||-1.5 (+111)||O 9.5 (-107)||-147|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-129)||U 9.5 (-117)||+125|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Weathers (L) WSH: Williams (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres will take the field against the Washington Nationals (20-28) on Wednesday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET on MASN2, with the Padres listed as -147 favorites on the moneyline. San Diego’s Ryan Weathers gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Trevor Williams.
Padres vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres have the No. 26 offense in baseball scoring 3.9 runs per game (189 total runs).
- The Padres average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 17th in MLB action with 54 total home runs.
- San Diego’s .224 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Padres rank 18th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .315.
- San Diego is 22nd in baseball with a .385 slugging percentage.
- The Nationals have scored 197 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Washington’s 36 home runs rank 29th in MLB this season.
- The Nationals’ .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fifth in MLB.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- Fueled by 116 extra-base hits, the Nationals rank 24th in MLB with a .383 slugging percentage this season.
Padres vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have won 45.8% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (11-13).
- When it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -147 or shorter, San Diego has a record of 8-8 (50%).
- The Padres have an implied moneyline win probability of 59.5% in this matchup.
- San Diego has had an over/under set by bookmakers 37 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in nine of those games (9-28-0).
- The Padres have gone 16-20-0 against the spread this season.
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 35 games this season and won 13 (37.1%) of those contests.
- Washington has a record of 11-14, a 44% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +125 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 44.4% chance of a victory for the Nationals.
- Games involving Washington have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 14 of 36 chances this season.
- The Nationals are 23-12-0 ATS in their 35 games with a spread this season.
|Ryan Weathers (SD)||Pitcher||Trevor Williams (WSH)|
|1 – 2||W/L||1 – 2|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto is batting .260 this season with a team-high nine home runs and 22 RBI.
- Soto ranks 35th in Major League Baseball in home runs, and 89th in RBI.
- Soto will look to extend his three-game hitting streak. He’s batting .278 with two homers during his last five games.
- Xander Bogaerts’ batting average of .261 leads all San Diego hitters this season.
- Bogaerts is 55th in homers and 136th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Jake Cronenworth is slashing .215/.337/.393 this season for the Padres.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. has collected 32 hits this season and has an OBP of .310. He’s slugging .483 on the year.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas leads the Nationals with seven home runs.
- Thomas’ home run total ranks 55th in the majors, and he is 66th in RBI.
- Thomas has hit safely in eight straight games. In his last 10 outings he is batting .366 with three doubles, three home runs, two walks and six RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .264 with 13 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Candelario is 91st among hitters in MLB in homers, and 115th in RBI.
- Luis Garcia is batting .261 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 11 walks.
- Joey Meneses has a club-high .295 batting average.
- Meneses heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .250 with two doubles, a walk and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!