MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
|Padres||-1.5 (-109)||O 9.5 (-103)||-175|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-106)||U 9.5 (-123)||+148|
|Pitching Probables: SD: Snell (L) WSH: Irvin (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Padres vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Diego Padres (22-27) visit the Washington Nationals (21-28) Thursday to close out a three-game series. The Padres are favored (-175) to win the rubber match, which starts at 4:05 PM ET from Nationals Park. San Diego’s Blake Snell and Washington’s Jake Irvin have been named the starters for this contest.
Padres vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Padres score the fifth-fewest runs in baseball (192 total, 3.9 per game).
- The Padres are 15th in MLB play with 56 total home runs.
- San Diego ranks last in MLB with a .222 batting average.
- The Padres’ .313 on-base percentage ranks 19th in baseball.
- San Diego is 22nd in baseball, slugging .384.
- The Nationals have scored 202 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Washington has hit just 36 homers this season, which ranks 29th in the majors.
- The Nationals rank fifth in MLB with a .264 team batting average.
- Washington has an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks 13th in the majors.
- The Nationals are 23rd in MLB with a slugging percentage of .382 this season.
Padres vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline 25 total times this season. They’ve gone 11-14 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -175 or shorter, San Diego has a 4-4 record (winning 50% of its games).
- The Padres have a 63.6% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- In the 38 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for San Diego, it has combined with opponents to go over the total nine times (9-29-0).
- The Padres have covered 43.2% of their games this season, going 16-21-0 against the spread.
- The Nationals have entered the game as underdogs 36 times this season and won 14, or 38.9%, of those games.
- Washington is 8-6 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +148 or more on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have a 40.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in 14 of its 37 chances.
- In 36 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 24-12-0 ATS.
|Blake Snell (SD)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|1 – 6||W/L||1 – 2|
Padres Key Hitters
- Juan Soto is batting .257 with nine home runs and 22 RBI. All three of those stats are best among San Diego hitters this season.
- Soto ranks 36th in baseball in homers, and 94th in RBI.
- Xander Bogaerts has collected 46 hits this season and has an OBP of .351. He’s slugging .411 on the year.
- Bogaerts is 59th in home runs and 142nd in RBI among all hitters in Major League Baseball.
- Jake Cronenworth is slashing .210/.330/.383 this season for the Padres.
- Fernando Tatis Jr. is batting .258 with an OBP of .301 and a slugging percentage of .468 this season.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Lane Thomas paces the Nationals with seven home runs and 25 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Thomas’ home run total puts him 59th, and his RBI total ranks 60th.
- Thomas brings a nine-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .341 with four doubles, three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .258 with 13 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 13 walks.
- Candelario is 91st in homers and 123rd in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Luis Garcia has five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 12 walks while batting .258.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .236 with seven doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!