MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, August 6, 2023 at 4:07 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Giants||-1.5 (-113)||O 8.5 (+101)||-200|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-103)||U 8.5 (-128)||+168|
|Pitching Probables: SF: Cobb (R) OAK: Medina (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Giants vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Francisco Giants (61-50) will be out to avoid the sweep when they visit the Oakland Athletics (31-80) to complete a two-game series. Sportsbooks have listed the Giants as -200 favorites for the series finale, while the Athletics are +168 underdogs. San Francisco’s Alex Cobb gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s Luis Medina.
Giants vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Giants have the No. 18 offense in MLB action scoring 4.4 runs per game (489 total runs).
- The Giants rank 17th in MLB action with 125 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- San Francisco has the 19th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The Giants are 18th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- San Francisco’s .394 slugging percentage ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 395 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Oakland ranks 24th in Major League Baseball with 107 home runs.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .301 this season, which ranks 27th in baseball.
- The Athletics are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .360 this season.
Giants vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Giants have been the moneyline favorite 58 total times this season. They’ve gone 32-26 in those games.
- San Francisco has a 6-1 record (winning 85.7% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -200 or shorter.
- The Giants have a 66.7% chance to win this game based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- San Francisco has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 43 times this season for a 43-56-0 record against the over/under.
- The Giants have put together a 52-45-0 record against the spread this season (covering 53.6% of the time).
- The Athletics have won 29, or 29%, of the 100 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Oakland has entered 55 games this season as the underdog by +168 or more and is 13-42 in those contests.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 37.3% chance of a victory for the Athletics.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 51 of its 97 games with a total.
- The Athletics are 49-49-0 against the spread this season.
|Alex Cobb (SF)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|6 – 3||W/L||3 – 8|
Giants Key Hitters
- LaMonte Wade Jr leads San Francisco with a batting average of .265. He’s also hit 11 home runs with 31 RBI.
- Among hitters in baseball, Wade is 126th in home runs and 198th in RBI.
- Wilmer Flores is slugging .544 this season, with a team-best 14 homers while driving in 35 runs.
- Flores will look to extend his seven-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he’s batting .478 with one homer.
- Michael Conforto is slashing .240/.331/.393 this season for the Giants.
- J.D. Davis is batting .257 this season with a team-high 14 home runs and 54 RBI.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz leads the Athletics with a .259 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Ruiz ranks 360th in home runs and 175th in RBI.
- Brent Rooker’s 18 home runs and 48 runs batted in are both team-highs.
- Among all major league hitters, Rooker ranks 39th in home runs and 91st in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .217 with 11 doubles, three triples, three home runs and 31 walks.
- JJ Bleday is batting .203 with 11 doubles, eight home runs and 35 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!