MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 31, 2023 at 3:45 PM ET
- Where: Oracle Park in San Francisco, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-BA
|Pitching Probables: SF: Wood (L) PIT: Keller (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Giants vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Francisco Giants (28-27) are -117 favorites to take Game 3 of th series from the Pittsburgh Pirates (27-27) Wednesday at 3:45 PM ET. The teams enter the matchup with the series record tied, and the underdog Pirates are listed with +100 odds to win the rubber match and take the series victory. San Francisco’s Alex Wood and Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller have been named the starters for this contest.
Giants vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Giants are the 13th-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.6 runs per game (253 total).
- The Giants average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 76 total home runs.
- San Francisco’s .247 batting average ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Giants are 16th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- San Francisco ranks 11th in MLB with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates have scored 232 runs (4.3 per game) this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has hit 53 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Pirates’ .242 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 17th in the majors with a .402 team slugging percentage.
Giants vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Giants have gone 12-11 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 52.2% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -117 or shorter, San Francisco has an 8-9 record (winning 47.1% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Giants a 53.9% chance to win.
- San Francisco has had an over/under set by bookmakers 45 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 22 of those games (22-23-0).
- The Giants have a 26-18-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Pirates have won 12, or 38.7%, of the 31 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Pittsburgh has entered 28 games this season as the underdog by +100 or more and is 10-18 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 50% chance of a victory for the Pirates.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of its 43 games with a total this season.
- The Pirates are 22-19-0 ATS in their 41 games with a spread this season.
|Alex Wood (SF)||Pitcher||Mitch Keller (PIT)|
|1 – 0||W/L||6 – 1|
Giants Key Hitters
- Michael Conforto is batting .250 this season with a team-high 11 home runs.
- Of all MLB hitters, Conforto is 94th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage, and 58th in slugging.
- Conforto enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games, he’s hitting .529 with one homer.
- LaMonte Wade Jr has collected 43 hits this season and has an OBP of .410. He’s slugging .441 on the year.
- Wade is 80th in home runs and 192nd in RBI in the major leagues.
- Wade will look to extend his four-game hit streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s batting .200.
- J.D. Davis leads San Francisco in runs batted in (30) this season. He has a .276 batting average and a .482 slugging percentage.
- Mike Yastrzemski has collected 36 hits this season and has an OBP of .320. He’s slugging .457 on the year.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in runs batted in (33) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .284.
- Among all batters in the majors, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 80th, and his RBI total ranks 33rd.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .262 with six doubles, eight home runs and 26 walks.
- Among all MLB hitters, McCutchen ranks 61st in home runs and 144th in RBI.
- Carlos Santana has 14 doubles, three home runs and 26 walks while hitting .226.
- Jack Suwinski has put his power on display as he paces his team with 11 home runs.
- Suwinski heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .389 with four home runs, a walk and five RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!