MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 8, 2023 at 9:45 PM ET
- Where: Oracle Park in San Francisco, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-BA
|Giants||-1.5 (-106)||O 8.5 (-107)||-227|
|Nationals||+1.5 (-109)||U 8.5 (-117)||+189|
|Pitching Probables: SF: DeSclafani (R) WSH: Irvin (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Giants vs. Nationals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The San Francisco Giants (15-18), led by Thairo Estrada on a two-game home run streak, are -227 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Washington Nationals (14-20). First pitch is set for 9:45 PM ET Monday, live from Oracle Park and airing on NBCS-BA. San Francisco’s Anthony DeSclafani gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Jake Irvin.
Giants vs. Nationals 2023 Key Stats
- The Giants have the No. 20 offense in baseball scoring 4.5 runs per game (148 total runs).
- The Giants rank fourth-best in MLB play with 54 total home runs.
- San Francisco has the 18th-ranked batting average in MLB (.241).
- The Giants rank 19th in MLB with a .320 on-base percentage.
- San Francisco is eighth in baseball with a .427 slugging percentage.
- The Nationals have scored 132 runs (just 3.9 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Washington ranks 29th in Major League Baseball with just 22 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals rank 12th in MLB with a .255 team batting average.
- Washington has the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.316).
- The Nationals rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .359 this season.
Giants vs. Nationals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Giants have gone 5-5 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 50% of those games).
- San Francisco has ynot played as moneyline favorites of -227 or shorter.
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Giants a 69.4% chance to win.
- San Francisco has combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times this season for a 12-12-0 record against the over/under.
- The Giants have collected a 13-10-0 record ATS this season.
- This season, the Nationals have been the underdog 24 times and won 10, or 41.7%, of those games.
- Washington has a record of 3-3 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +189 on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have a 34.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in eight of its 24 opportunities.
- The Nationals are 16-8-0 against the spread this season.
|Anthony DeSclafani (SF)||Pitcher||Jake Irvin (WSH)|
|3 – 1||W/L||0 – 0|
Giants Key Hitters
- Estrada leads San Francisco with a batting average of .346. He’s also hit six home runs with 14 RBI.
- Estrada’s home runs put him 40th in Major League Baseball, and he is 117th in RBI.
- Estrada is batting .421 with two homers during his last five games and is on a five-game hitting streak.
- LaMonte Wade Jr is batting .258 with an OBP of .436 and a slugging percentage of .517 this season.
- Wade ranks 40th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 201st in RBI.
- Wade has a batting average of .250 during his last five outings and is riding a two-game hit streak.
- Wilmer Flores has collected 24 base hits, an OBP of .319 and a slugging percentage of .523 this season.
- Flores enters this game on a three-game hit streak. He’s batting .308 over the course of his last five outings with two homers.
- J.D. Davis leads San Francisco in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (19) this season while batting .286.
Nationals Key Hitters
- Luis Garcia is hitting .271 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and eight walks.
- Garcia ranks 130th in homers and 75th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Garcia brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .444 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Lane Thomas has totaled 17 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Thomas is 130th in homers and 71st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Thomas has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and six RBI.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .254 with five doubles, three home runs and eight walks.
- Ruiz brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .143 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Victor Robles has a club-best .292 batting average.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!