MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 10:10 PM ET
- Where: T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington
- How to Watch on TV: ROOT Sports NW
|Pitching Probables: SEA: Castillo (R) HOU: Javier (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mariners vs. Astros, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Seattle Mariners (15-16) will put their four-game win streak to the test when they host the Houston Astros (16-15) Friday at 10:10 PM ET on ROOT Sports NW. Oddsmakers consider the Mariners -147 favorites to extend their streak, while the Astros are +125 underdogs looking for the upset. Seattle’s Luis Castillo gets the start, and he’ll go against Houston’s Cristian Javier.
Mariners vs. Astros 2023 Key Stats
- The Mariners are the 20th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (134 total).
- The Mariners are 15th in MLB play with 35 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Seattle’s .217 batting average ranks last in MLB.
- The Mariners rank 27th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .298.
- Seattle’s .375 slugging percentage is 23rd in MLB.
- The Astros have scored 137 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 14th in MLB.
- Houston ranks 23rd in Major League Baseball with 28 home runs.
- The Astros rank 20th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- Houston has an OBP of .313 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- Fueled by 75 extra-base hits, the Astros rank 25th in MLB with a .367 slugging percentage this season.
Mariners vs. Astros Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mariners are 9-3 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 75% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -147 or shorter, Seattle has a record of 6-1 (85.7%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Mariners have an implied win probability of 59.5%.
- Seattle has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total nine times this season for a 9-11-0 record against the over/under.
- The Mariners have collected an 8-11-0 record ATS this season (covering 42.1% of the time).
- This season, the Astros have been the underdog seven times and won six of those games.
- Houston has played as an underdog of +125 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The Astros have a 44.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of its 20 opportunities.
- The Astros are 10-9-0 against the spread this season.
|Luis Castillo (SEA)||Pitcher||Cristian Javier (HOU)|
|2 – 0||W/L||2 – 1|
Mariners Key Hitters
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in batting average (.304) and home runs (seven) this season, while also chipping in with 15 RBI.
- Kelenic ranks 17th in MLB in home runs, and 75th in RBI.
- Kelenic is batting .211 during his last five outings and is riding a three-game hitting streak.
- Ty France has collected 27 hits this season and has an OBP of .326. He’s slugging .339 on the year.
- France ranks 249th in homers and 75th in RBI in the bigs.
- France enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s hitting .143 during his last five outings.
- Julio Rodriguez has collected 27 base hits, an OBP of .293 and a slugging percentage of .413 this season.
- Cal Raleigh leads Seattle in runs batted in with 18 while batting .215 with five homers.
Astros Key Hitters
- Kyle Tucker is batting .259 with three doubles, five home runs and 21 walks.
- In all of MLB, Tucker ranks 55th in homers and 29th in RBI.
- Alex Bregman has four doubles, four home runs and 21 walks while batting .212.
- Among all major league hitters, Bregman is 82nd in homers and 75th in RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez paces the Astros in home runs (six) and runs batted in (27).
- Alvarez heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .313 with two doubles and three walks.
- Jeremy Pena’s six home runs lead his team.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!