MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Mariners||-1.5 (-109)||O 8.5 (-126)||-222|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-106)||U 8.5 (-101)||+185|
|Pitching Probables: SEA: Gonzales (L) OAK: Medina (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mariners vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Seattle Mariners (23-24), led by Jarred Kelenic on a two-game home run streak, are -222 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Oakland Athletics (10-39). First pitch is set for 9:40 PM ET Tuesday, live from T-Mobile Park and airing on MLB Network. Seattle’s Marco Gonzales and Oakland’s Luis Medina have been named the starters for this contest.
Mariners vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Mariners are the 14th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (213 total).
- The Mariners average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 19th in MLB action with 50 total home runs.
- Seattle is 24th in MLB with a .229 batting average.
- The Mariners’ .308 on-base percentage is 24th in MLB.
- Seattle ranks 25th in MLB, slugging .379.
- The Athletics have scored 178 runs (just 3.6 per game) this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- Oakland’s 53 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics rank 28th in MLB with a team batting average of just .225.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .305 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .370 this season.
Mariners vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mariners have been favored on the moneyline 23 total times this season. They’ve finished 15-8 in those games.
- Seattle has played in four games as moneyline favorites with odds of -222 or shorter and won every time.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Mariners’ implied win probability is 68.9%.
- In the 35 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Seattle, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 17 times (17-18-0).
- The Mariners have put together a 15-18-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 38 games this season and won eight (21.1%) of those contests.
- Oakland has been at least a +185 moneyline underdog 14 times this season, but was upset in all of those games.
- The Athletics have a 35.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 20 of its 36 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 15-24-0 against the spread this season.
|Marco Gonzales (SEA)||Pitcher||Luis Medina (OAK)|
|3 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Mariners Key Hitters
- Kelenic is batting .297 this season with 10 home runs, both rank first among Seattle hitters.
- Including all hitters in baseball, Kelenic is 24th in homers and 53rd in RBI.
- Kelenic will look to extend his five-game hitting streak. He’s batting .400 with two homers during his last five games.
- Ty France has collected 47 hits this season and has an OBP of .338. He’s slugging .365 on the year.
- France ranks 247th in homers and 102nd in RBI in the majors.
- Julio Rodriguez has collected 40 base hits, an OBP of .293 and a slugging percentage of .395 this season.
- Cal Raleigh has collected 32 hits this season and has an OBP of .321. He’s slugging .449 on the year.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker leads the Athletics with 11 home runs and 32 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Rooker ranks 14th in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Esteury Ruiz’s .286 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Among all major league hitters, Ruiz ranks 295th in home runs and 85th in RBI.
- Ruiz has safely hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .341 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- Ryan Noda is hitting .224 with nine doubles, a triple, four home runs and 32 walks.
- Noda has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .267 with a double, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .218 with five doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 13 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!