MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Pitching Probables: SEA: Gilbert (R) OAK: Sears (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mariners vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Seattle Mariners (13-16) are favorites (-222) on the moneyline when they take on the Oakland Athletics (6-24) Wednesday at 9:40 PM ET, live on NBCS-CA. Logan Gilbert starts for Seattle while JP Sears is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Mariners vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Mariners have the No. 21 offense in baseball scoring 4.2 runs per game (122 total runs).
- The Mariners average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 19th in MLB play with 32 total home runs.
- Seattle has the worst batting average in MLB (.214).
- The Mariners’ .293 on-base percentage is the third-worst in MLB.
- Seattle is 23rd in MLB, slugging .371.
- The Athletics rank 25th in the majors with 114 total runs scored this season.
- Oakland’s 33 home runs rank 16th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .224 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 23rd in the majors.
- Fueled by 74 extra-base hits, the Athletics rank 24th in MLB with a .368 slugging percentage this season.
Mariners vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mariners have won seven of the 10 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (70%).
- Seattle has played as moneyline favorites of -222 or shorter in only two games this season, which it won both.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Mariners have an implied win probability of 68.9%.
- In the 18 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for Seattle, it has combined with opponents to go over the total eight times (8-10-0).
- The Mariners have covered 41.2% of their games this season, going 7-10-0 against the spread.
- The Athletics have been underdogs in 20 games this season and won four (20%) of those contests.
- Oakland has not won as an underdog of +185 or more on the moneyline this season in six such games.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 35.1% chance to win.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 12 of its 19 games with a total this season.
- The Athletics are 8-12-0 ATS in their 20 games with a spread this season.
|Logan Gilbert (SEA)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|1 – 1||W/L||0 – 2|
Mariners Key Hitters
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in batting average (.309) and home runs (seven) this season, while also chipping in with 15 RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Kelenic’s home run total ranks him 13th and his RBI tally ranks him 68th.
- Ty France is batting .238 with an OBP of .336 and a slugging percentage of .352 this season.
- France ranks 238th in home runs and 68th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Julio Rodriguez has 27 hits this season and a slash line of .239/.301/.442.
- Rodriguez is batting .237 with two homers during his last 10 outings while also on a two-game hitting streak.
- Cal Raleigh is a key run producer for Seattle with a .227 average, five homers and 18 RBI.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker has racked up a team-best nine home runs and 22 runs batted in.
- Rooker is fifth in homers and 18th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Esteury Ruiz’s .255 batting average paces his team.
- Ruiz ranks 319th in home runs and 124th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ruiz enters this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .190 with a double, a walk and two RBI.
- Shea Langeliers is hitting .217 with two doubles, a triple, six home runs and seven walks.
- Jesus Aguilar has two doubles, five home runs and six walks while batting .270.
- Aguilar has hit safely in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .375 with three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!