MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 3:37 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NBCS-CA
|Mariners||-2.5 (+109)||O 8.5 (-105)||-256|
|Athletics||+2.5 (-128)||U 8.5 (-120)||+212|
|Pitching Probables: SEA: Kirby (R) OAK: Rucinski (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mariners vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Oakland Athletics (6-25 look to avoid the sweep when they host the Seattle Mariners (14-16) in the final game of a three-game set. Bookmakers have listed the Mariners as -256 favorites, while the Athletics are +212 underdogs to pick up a win. George Kirby gets the starting nod for Seattle while Drew Rucinski is Oakland’s starter for the contest.
Mariners vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Mariners are the 20th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.3 runs per game (129 total).
- The Mariners are 16th in MLB action with 34 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- Seattle has the worst batting average in MLB (.217).
- The Mariners’ .296 on-base percentage is the third-worst in MLB.
- Seattle ranks 23rd in baseball with a .375 slugging percentage.
- The Athletics have scored the 25th-most runs in the league this season with 116 (3.7 per game).
- Oakland’s 33 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics rank 29th in MLB with a team batting average of just .223.
- Oakland has an on-base percentage of .304 this season, which ranks 25th in the majors.
- The Athletics are 25th in MLB with a slugging percentage of .365 this season.
Mariners vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mariners have compiled an 8-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 72.7% of those games).
- Seattle has played as moneyline favorites of -256 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Mariners’ implied win probability is 71.9%.
- Seattle has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 19 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in nine of those games (9-10-0).
- The Mariners have collected an 8-10-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Athletics have won four out of the 21 games, or 19%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Oakland has played as an underdog of +212 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 32.1%.
- Games involving Oakland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 13 of 20 chances this season.
- The Athletics have an ATS record of 8-13-0 in 21 games with a spread this season.
|George Kirby (SEA)||Pitcher||Drew Rucinski (OAK)|
|2 – 2||W/L||0 – 1|
Mariners Key Hitters
- Jarred Kelenic leads Seattle in batting average (.309) and home runs (seven) this season, while also chipping in with 15 RBI.
- Kelenic ranks 14th in home runs and 72nd in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Kelenic will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .278 over the course of his last five outings.
- Ty France has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .331. He’s slugging .345 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, France ranks 245th in homers and 72nd in RBI.
- Julio Rodriguez has collected 27 base hits, an OBP of .297 and a slugging percentage of .427 this season.
- Cal Raleigh leads Seattle in runs batted in with 18 while batting .222 with five homers.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Brent Rooker leads the Athletics in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (22).
- Among all batters in the majors, Rooker’s home run total puts him fifth, and his RBI total ranks 20th.
- Esteury Ruiz has a club-leading .265 batting average.
- Among all major league batters, Ruiz ranks 323rd in homers and 108th in RBI.
- Ruiz brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Shea Langeliers is batting .208 with two doubles, a triple, six home runs and seven walks.
- Tony Kemp is hitting .174 with three doubles, a home run and 12 walks.
- Kemp brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .200 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!