MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 28, 2023 at 4:10 PM ET
- Where: T-Mobile Park in Seattle, Washington
- How to Watch on TV: ROOT Sports NW
|Mariners||-1.5 (+143)||O 8.5 (-125)||-138|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-169)||U 8.5 (-102)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: SEA: Gonzales (L) PIT: Ortiz (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Mariners vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Seattle Mariners (27-25) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (26-25) Sunday to close out a three-game series. The Mariners are favored (-138) to win the rubber match, which starts at 4:10 PM ET from T-Mobile Park. Seattle’s Marco Gonzales and Pittsburgh’s Luis Ortiz have been named the starters for this contest.
Mariners vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Mariners rank 15th in runs scored with 236, 4.5 per game.
- The Mariners rank 17th in baseball with 57 total home runs.
- Seattle is 25th in MLB with a .230 batting average.
- The Mariners are 23rd in MLB with an on-base percentage of .310.
- Seattle is 22nd in MLB with a .385 slugging percentage.
- The Pirates rank 22nd in the majors with 223 total runs scored this season.
- Pittsburgh’s 50 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates rank 16th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .322 this season, which ranks 16th in the majors.
- The Pirates rank 17th in the majors with a .402 team slugging percentage.
Mariners vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Mariners have compiled a 19-9 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 67.9% of those games).
- In games it has played as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter, Seattle has a 13-6 record (winning 68.4% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility in this matchup gives the Mariners a 58% chance to win.
- Seattle has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 40 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 18 of those games (18-22-0).
- The Mariners have covered 43.2% of their games this season, going 16-21-0 ATS.
- This season, the Pirates have been the underdog 29 times and won 12, or 41.4%, of those games.
- This season, Pittsburgh has won 10 of its 21 games, or 47.6%, when it’s the underdog by at least +118 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Pirates have a 45.9% chance to win.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 20 of its 41 games with a total this season.
- The Pirates are 22-17-0 against the spread this season.
|Marco Gonzales (SEA)||Pitcher||Luis Ortiz (PIT)|
|4 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Mariners Key Hitters
- Ty France has been key for Seattle with five home runs, 24 RBI and a batting average of .267 this season.
- Among all hitters in Major League Baseball, France’s home run total ranks him 124th and his RBI tally ranks him 81st.
- Julio Rodriguez has 49 hits and an OBP of .305 to go with a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Rodriguez ranks 55th in homers and 55th in RBI in the bigs.
- Rodriguez will look to extend his six-game hit streak. In his last five games, he’s batting .429 with one homer.
- Jarred Kelenic has an average of .277 this year with 10 homers and 25 RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has collected 43 hits this season and has an OBP of .364. He’s slugging .373 on the year.
- Crawford is batting .333 with two homers in his last five outings. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in runs batted in (32) and has accumulated a team-best batting average of .287.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Reynolds’ home run total puts him 71st, and his RBI total ranks 29th.
- Andrew McCutchen has six doubles, eight home runs and 24 walks while batting .268.
- McCutchen is 55th in homers and 129th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Carlos Santana is batting .229 with 14 doubles, three home runs and 25 walks.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 12 doubles, three triples, two home runs and 15 walks while batting .226.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!