MLB betting lines, odds and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
On Wednesday, Spencer Torkelson and the Detroit Tigers take on the New York Yankees (with Gerrit Cole on the hill) at Comerica Park. First pitch is at 6:40 PM ET.
Game Info and Spencer Torkelson Props
- Day: Wednesday, August 30, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSDET
- Hits Prop: Over/under 1 hit (Over odds: -192)
- Home Runs Prop: Over/under 1 home run (Over odds: +400)
- Total Bases Prop: Over/under 1 total base (Over odds: -192)
Spencer Torkelson Stats
- Torkelson leads Detroit in home runs with 23 and runs batted in with 69.
- Torkelson ranks 33rd in homers and 45th in RBI this year.
- He has gotten at least one hit in 57.7% of his games this season (75 of 130), picking up multiple hits 30 times (23.1%).
- Looking at the 130 games he has played this year, he’s hit a long ball in 19 of them (14.6%), and in 4.1% of his plate appearances.
- In 36.9% of his games this year, Torkelson has picked up at least one RBI. He’s racked up more than one in 10.8% and driven in three or more of his team’s runs in four contests.
Yankees Pitching Stats and Rankings
- The Yankees pitching staff is 11th in the majors with a K/9 of nine.
- The Yankees have the 13th-ranked team ERA in baseball at 4.02.
- Yankees pitchers have allowed 164 total home runs at a rate of 1.2 per game, ranking them 20th in the league.
- Cole (11-4) will take to the mound for the Yankees and make his 28th start of the season.
- The 32-year-old’s 2.95 ERA ranks second, 1.042 WHIP ranks fourth, and 9.7 K/9 ranks 15th among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Torkelson’s recent games
- vs. Yankees on August 29: 0-for-3, 1 R, 2 K, 1 BB
- vs. Yankees on August 28: 1-for-4, 1 K
- vs. Astros on August 27: 1-for-3, 1 R, 1 K, 1 BB
- vs. Astros on August 26: 0-for-3, 1 K, 1 BB
- vs. Astros on August 25: 0-for-4, 1 K
- vs. Cubs on August 23: 0-for-4, 1 K
- vs. Cubs on August 22: 0-for-3, 1 R, 2 K, 2 BB
- vs. Cubs on August 21: 4-for-5, 3 R, 1 HR, 1 RBI
- at Guardians on August 20: 1-for-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 1 K
- at Guardians on August 19: 2-for-2, 1 R, 2 BB
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or download the ClutchBet app today!