MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Wednesday, May 10, 2023 at 7:40 PM ET
- Where: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+151)||O 7.5 (-105)||-113|
|Cubs||+1.5 (-178)||U 7.5 (-120)||-103|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Montgomery (L) CHC: Steele (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Cubs, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (13-24) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they visit the Chicago Cubs (17-19) on Wednesday at 7:40 PM ET on MLB Network. The Cardinals are listed as -113 favorites by oddsmakers, while the Cubs are -103 underdogs. Jordan Montgomery will get the ball for St. Louis while Chicago will counter with Justin Steele.
Cardinals vs. Cubs 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals are the 14th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.5 runs per game (165 total).
- The Cardinals average 1.2 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 45 total home runs.
- St. Louis is 11th in the majors with a .256 batting average.
- The Cardinals’ .326 on-base percentage ranks 12th in baseball.
- St. Louis ranks 11th in MLB with a .419 slugging percentage.
- The Cubs have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 173.
- Chicago ranks 11th in Major League Baseball with 43 home runs.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .266 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- Chicago has an OBP of .339 this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- The Cubs rank ninth in the majors with a .422 team slugging percentage.
Cardinals vs. Cubs Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have been favored on the moneyline 15 total times this season. They’ve gone 7-8 in those games.
- St. Louis has gone 6-8 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -113 or shorter (42.9% winning percentage).
- The Cardinals have an implied moneyline win probability of 53.1% in this matchup.
- St. Louis has had an over/under set by bookmakers 25 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 15 of those games (15-10-0).
- The Cardinals have gone 11-16-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Cubs have been the underdog 10 times and won four of those games.
- Chicago has a record of 4-4 in games where sportsbooks have it as underdogs of at least -103 on the moneyline.
- The Cubs have a 50.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in eight of 23 chances this season.
- In 26 games with a spread this season, the Cubs are 15-11-0 ATS.
|Jordan Montgomery (STL)||Pitcher||Justin Steele (CHC)|
|2 – 4||W/L||5 – 0|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.308) this season while adding seven home runs and 20 RBI.
- Goldschmidt ranks 26th in MLB in home runs, and 41st in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (24) this season while batting .255.
- Gorman ranks 16th in home runs and 20th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Gorman will look to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five games, he’s batting .154 with one homer.
- Tommy Edman has 26 hits this season and a slash line of .239/.317/.431.
- Willson Contreras has collected 32 hits this season and has an OBP of .336. He’s slugging .387 on the year.
Cubs Key Hitters
- Cody Bellinger is batting .291 with nine doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 15 walks.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Bellinger is 26th in homers and 54th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner’s .303 batting average is a team-high mark.
- Hoerner ranks 204th among hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 54th in RBI.
- Ian Happ is hitting .296 with nine doubles, four home runs and 30 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom has hit 11 home runs with 21 RBI. Both are team-highs.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!