MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, May 22, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Cardinals||-1.5 (-119)||O 9.5 (-120)||-185|
|Reds||+1.5 (+101)||U 9.5 (-105)||+156|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Montgomery (L) CIN: Williamson (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Nolan Arenado will look to extend his 12-game hitting streak when the St. Louis Cardinals (21-27) take on the Cincinnati Reds (19-27). The Cardinals are listed as -185 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 6:40 PM ET on Monday, live on BSOH from Great American Ball Park. St. Louis’ Jordan Montgomery gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Brandon Williamson.
Cardinals vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals have the No. 5 offense in MLB action scoring 5.1 runs per game (245 total runs).
- The Cardinals are fifth in MLB action with 67 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- St. Louis is sixth in the majors with a .262 batting average.
- The Cardinals’ .334 on-base percentage is fifth-best in MLB.
- St. Louis is sixth in baseball, slugging .440.
- The Reds rank 22nd in the majors with 195 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 35 home runs as a team.
- The Reds rank 16th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- Cincinnati has the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.322).
- The Reds are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .371 this season.
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals are 10-10 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 50% of those games).
- St. Louis has a record of 2-4 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -185 or shorter (33.3% winning percentage).
- The Cardinals have an implied moneyline win probability of 64.9% in this game.
- In the 34 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 19 times (19-15-0).
- The Cardinals have gone 18-20-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Reds have been the underdog 28 times and won 11, or 39.3%, of those games.
- This season, Cincinnati has won three of its nine games, or 33.3%, when it’s the underdog by at least +156 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Reds have a 39.1% chance to win.
- So far this season, Cincinnati and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of its 36 games with a total.
- The Reds are 19-17-0 against the spread in their 36 chances this season.
|Jordan Montgomery (STL)||Pitcher||Brandon Williamson (CIN)|
|2 – 6||W/L||0 – 0|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt has been key for St. Louis with 53 hits, an OBP of .399 plus a slugging percentage of .497.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt’s home run total ranks him 49th and his RBI tally places him 65th.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in batting average (.302), home runs (13) and runs batted in (39) this season.
- Gorman is fourth in homers and fifth in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Gorman will look to extend his 11-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he’s batting .421 with three homers.
- Arenado is slashing .278/.322/.460 this season for the Cardinals.
- Arenado is batting .439 with six homers in his last 10 outings while also on a 12-game hitting streak.
- Tommy Edman has 41 hits and an OBP of .340 to go with a slugging percentage of .483 this season.
- Edman enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he’s hitting .417.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India leads the Reds with a team-high batting average of .284.
- India’s home run total ranks 187th in the big leagues, and he is 122nd in RBI.
- Jake Fraley has hit five home runs with 32 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Fraley ranks 109th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 18th in RBI.
- Fraley has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with a double, three walks and three RBI.
- Spencer Steer has hit a team-best five home runs.
- Steer has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .300 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .246 with five doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!