MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
|Pitching Probables: STL: Wainwright (R) CIN: Ashcraft (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (21-28) and Cincinnati Reds (20-27) meet Tuesday at Great American Ball Park, with first pitch at 6:40 PM ET on BSOH. The Cardinals are -147 moneyline favorites for the contest, however, the Reds are favored against the spread of runs with odds. St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright and Cincinnati’s Graham Ashcraft have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals have the No. 5 offense in baseball scoring 5.1 runs per game (250 total runs).
- The Cardinals average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 68 total home runs.
- St. Louis has the seventh-best batting average in the majors (.260).
- The Cardinals rank sixth in baseball with a .334 on-base percentage.
- St. Louis’ .438 slugging percentage ranks sixth-best in MLB.
- The Reds rank 21st in the majors with 201 total runs scored this season.
- Cincinnati ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 36 home runs as a team.
- The Reds’ .244 batting average ranks 17th in the league this season.
- Cincinnati has the 15th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.323).
- The Reds rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .372 this season.
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have gone 10-11 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 47.6% of those games).
- St. Louis has gone 6-9 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -147 or shorter (40% winning percentage).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cardinals have an implied win probability of 59.5%.
- St. Louis has combined with opponents to go over the total 19 times this season for a 19-15-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cardinals have gone 18-21-0 ATS this season.
- The Reds have entered the game as underdogs 29 times this season and won 12, or 41.4%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has a record of 6-15, a 28.6% win rate, when it’s set as an underdog of +125 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 44.4%.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 18 of 36 chances this season.
- In 37 games with a spread this season, the Reds are 20-17-0 ATS.
|Adam Wainwright (STL)||Pitcher||Graham Ashcraft (CIN)|
|1 – 0||W/L||2 – 2|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt has been key for St. Louis with seven home runs, 23 RBI and a batting average of .288 this season.
- Goldschmidt’s home runs put him 52nd in MLB, and he is 68th in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs with 13, runs batted in with 39 and a batting average of .301.
- Gorman is fourth in Major League Baseball in homers, and fifth in RBI.
- Gorman will look to extend his 12-game hit streak. In his last five outings, he’s batting .400 with three homers.
- Nolan Arenado has 52 hits this season and a slash line of .271/.314/.448.
- Tommy Edman is batting .277 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .466 this season.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India paces the Reds with a .287 batting average.
- Among all hitters in the majors, India is 189th in homers and 127th in RBI.
- Jake Fraley has racked up 32 runs batted in to lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Fraley is 110th in home runs and 18th in RBI.
- Spencer Steer paces the Reds with six home runs.
- Steer heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Nick Senzel has five doubles, four home runs and 12 walks while hitting .254.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!