MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Thursday, May 25, 2023 at 12:35 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cardinals||-1.5 (-109)||O 10.5 (-106)||-166|
|Reds||+1.5 (-106)||U 10.5 (-119)||+141|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Mikolas (R) CIN: Weaver (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Reds, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Cincinnati Reds (21-28) and Spencer Steer, coming off a four-hit game, are underdogs (+141) on the moneyline and will look to upset the St. Louis Cardinals (22-29) on Thursday at 12:35 PM ET on MLB Network. St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas gets the start, and he’ll go against Cincinnati’s Luke Weaver.
Cardinals vs. Reds 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals have the No. 4 offense in MLB play scoring 5.1 runs per game (261 total runs).
- The Cardinals average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in baseball with 72 total home runs.
- St. Louis is eighth in MLB with a .261 batting average.
- The Cardinals are fourth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .335.
- St. Louis is fifth in baseball with a .441 slugging percentage.
- The Reds have scored the 15th-most runs in the league this season with 216 (4.4 per game).
- Cincinnati ranks 28th in Major League Baseball with just 38 home runs as a team.
- The Reds rank 15th in MLB with a .249 team batting average.
- Cincinnati is among the best teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 10th with an OBP of .327.
- The Reds rank 25th in the majors with a .380 team slugging percentage.
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have won 47.8% of the games this season when they were favored on the moneyline (11-12).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -166 or shorter, St. Louis has a 4-7 record (winning only 36.4% of its games).
- The implied moneyline probablility for this matchup gives the Cardinals a 62.4% chance to win.
- In the 36 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 21 times (21-15-0).
- The Cardinals have put together a 19-22-0 record ATS this season (covering 46.3% of the time).
- This season, the Reds have been the underdog 31 times and won 13, or 41.9%, of those games.
- Cincinnati has a record of 4-7 in games where oddsmakers have it as underdogs of at least +141 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 41.5% chance of a victory for the Reds.
- Games involving Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 20 of 38 chances this season.
- The Reds are 21-18-0 ATS in their 39 games with a spread this season.
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||Luke Weaver (CIN)|
|2 – 1||W/L||1 – 2|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt has been key for St. Louis with 56 hits, an OBP of .401 plus a slugging percentage of .516.
- Goldschmidt’s home runs put him 36th in MLB, and he ranks 60th in RBI.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five games, he’s hitting .211 with two homers.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in batting average (.296), home runs (13) and runs batted in (39) this season.
- Gorman is seventh in home runs and sixth in RBI this season.
- Gorman enters this game on a 14-game hit streak. He’s hitting .300 in his last five outings with one homer.
- Tommy Edman is slashing .284/.335/.484 this season for the Cardinals.
- Edman enters this game on a two-game hit streak. He’s batting .368 during his last five games.
- Nolan Arenado has collected 52 hits this season and has an OBP of .310. He’s slugging .437 on the year.
Reds Key Hitters
- Jonathan India paces the Reds with a .290 batting average.
- India’s home run total ranks 195th in the majors, and he is 142nd in RBI.
- India enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .286 with two doubles and three walks.
- Jake Fraley has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with 33 RBI.
- Fraley is 116th in homers and 19th in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Steer leads the Reds with six home runs.
- Steer has safely hit in seven games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .366 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and seven RBI.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .264 with six doubles, four home runs and 13 walks.
- Senzel takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with a double, a walk and three RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!