MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 8:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Cardinals||-1.5 (-107)||O 8.5 (-102)||-232|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-108)||U 8.5 (-125)||+194|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Montgomery (L) DET: Boyd (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
After a four-hit game in a loss to the Angels, Lars Nootbaar leads the St. Louis Cardinals (10-22) as -232 favorites against the Detroit Tigers (13-17). Action gets underway from Busch Stadium at 8:15 PM ET on Friday, live on BSMW. St. Louis’ Jordan Montgomery and Detroit’s Matthew Boyd have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals have the No. 18 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (135 total runs).
- The Cardinals rank 15th in MLB action with 35 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- St. Louis’ .256 batting average is 10th-best in the majors.
- The Cardinals’ .328 on-base percentage ranks 11th in baseball.
- St. Louis is 13th in baseball with a .409 slugging percentage.
- The Tigers have scored the fewest runs in the league this season with just 104 (3.5 per game).
- Detroit’s 26 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .224 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an OBP of just .290 this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Tigers rank 29th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .350 this season.
Cardinals vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals are 6-6 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 50% of those games).
- St. Louis has played as moneyline favorites of -232 or shorter in only one game this season, which it lost.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Cardinals have an implied win probability of 69.9%.
- In the 21 games in which oddsmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 12 times (12-9-0).
- The Cardinals have covered only 36.4% of their games this season, going 8-14-0 against the spread.
- This season, the Tigers have been the underdog 22 times and won 11, or 50%, of those games.
- This season, Detroit has won one of its three games when it’s the underdog by at least +194 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 34% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in nine of its 22 opportunities.
- In 22 games with a spread this season, the Tigers are 15-7-0 ATS.
|Jordan Montgomery (STL)||Pitcher||Matthew Boyd (DET)|
|2 – 4||W/L||1 – 2|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.300) this season while adding four home runs and 16 RBI.
- Goldschmidt’s home runs put him 82nd in Major League Baseball, and he ranks 65th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .265 with an OBP of .345 and a slugging percentage of .480 this season.
- Edman is 55th in MLB in home runs, and 116th in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs with seven and runs batted in with 23.
- Willson Contreras is batting .275 with an OBP of .359 and a slugging percentage of .422 this season.
- Contreras is batting .368 over the course of his last five outings. He also comes into Friday’s game looking to extend his two-game hitting streak.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez is batting .240 with five doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Baez’s home run total puts him 177th, and his RBI total ranks 116th.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .272 to lead his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Vierling ranks 177th in homers and 175th in RBI.
- Riley Greene is hitting .252 with two triples, three home runs and nine walks.
- Greene heads into this game on an eight-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .289 with a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .206 with five doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!