MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, May 6, 2023 at 2:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+101)||O 8.5 (-126)||-204|
|Tigers||+1.5 (-119)||U 8.5 (-101)||+171|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Wainwright (R) DET: Turnbull (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Detroit Tigers (14-17) roll into Saturday’s matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (10-23) looking to extend a four-game winning streak. The contest starts at 2:15 PM ET on MLB Network with the Cardinals listed as -204 favorites on the moneyline to stop the Tigers’ streak. St. Louis’ Adam Wainwright and Detroit’s Spencer Turnbull have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals rank 19th in runs scored with 139, 4.2 per game.
- The Cardinals are 14th in baseball with 36 total home runs.
- St. Louis is 10th in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The Cardinals are 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .328.
- St. Louis’ .411 slugging percentage is 13th in baseball.
- The Tigers have scored the 29th-most runs in the league this season with just 109 (3.5 per game).
- Detroit’s 27 home runs rank 26th in MLB this season.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .225 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- Detroit has an on-base percentage of .292 this season, which ranks last in baseball.
- The Tigers rank 28th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .353 this season.
Cardinals vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline favorite 13 total times this season. They’ve gone 6-7 in those games.
- St. Louis has a 1-2 record (winning only 33.3% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -204 or shorter.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Cardinals have an implied win probability of 67.1%.
- In the 22 games in which bookmakers have set an over/under for St. Louis, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 13 times (13-9-0).
- The Cardinals have gone 8-15-0 against the spread this season.
- The Tigers have entered the game as underdogs 23 times this season and won 12, or 52.2%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 3-3 in games where bookmakers have it as underdogs of at least +171 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 36.9% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- So far this season, Detroit and its opponents have hit the over in 10 of its 23 games with a total.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 16-7-0 in 23 games with a spread this season.
|Adam Wainwright (STL)||Pitcher||Spencer Turnbull (DET)|
|0 – 0||W/L||1 – 4|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.312) this season while adding four home runs and 16 RBI.
- Goldschmidt ranks 84th in homers and 68th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Goldschmidt enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. Over the course of his last five outings, he’s hitting .333.
- Tommy Edman is batting .255 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .461 this season.
- Edman ranks 57th in Major League Baseball in homers, and 121st in RBI.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs with seven and runs batted in with 23.
- Willson Contreras has collected 29 hits this season and has an OBP of .352. He’s slugging .411 on the year.
- Contreras is batting .350 during his last five games. He also comes into Saturday’s game looking to extend his three-game hitting streak.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez has sent home a team-best 15 runs batted in.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Baez ranks 124th in homers and 78th in RBI.
- Matt Vierling has a club-leading .274 batting average.
- Vierling ranks 181st in homers and 181st in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Riley Greene is hitting .256 with a double, two triples, three home runs and nine walks.
- Greene takes a nine-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson is hitting .205 with six doubles, two home runs and nine walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!