MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Sunday, May 7, 2023 at 2:15 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Pitching Probables: STL: Matz (L) DET: Faedo (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Tigers, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The St. Louis Cardinals (10-24) hope to avoid their ninth straight defeat when they host the Detroit Tigers (15-17) Sunday at 2:15 PM ET on BSMW. The Cardinals are listed as -196 favorites to snap their losing skid, while the Tigers are +165 underdogs. Steven Matz will get the ball for St. Louis while Detroit will counter with Alex Faedo.
Cardinals vs. Tigers 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals have the No. 14 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (144 total runs).
- The Cardinals average 1.1 home runs per game to rank 13th in MLB action with 38 total home runs.
- St. Louis has the ninth-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Cardinals are 11th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .328.
- St. Louis is 14th in baseball, slugging .410.
- The Tigers are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 29th with just 115 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Detroit ranks 26th in Major League Baseball with just 27 home runs as a team.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .228 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- Detroit is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .294.
- The Tigers are 28th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .355 this season.
Cardinals vs. Tigers Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have won 42.9% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (6-8).
- St. Louis has gone 1-3 (winning only 25% of its games) when playing as moneyline favorites of -196 or shorter.
- The Cardinals have an implied moneyline win probability of 66.2% in this matchup.
- St. Louis has played in 23 games with an over/under set, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 14 times (14-9-0).
- The Cardinals have an 8-16-0 record ATS this season.
- The Tigers have entered the game as underdogs 24 times this season and won 13, or 54.2%, of those games.
- Detroit has a record of 3-3 when it’s set as an underdog of +165 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 37.7% chance of a victory for the Tigers.
- Games involving Detroit have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 11 of 24 chances this season.
- The Tigers have an ATS record of 17-7-0 in 24 games with a spread this season.
|Steven Matz (STL)||Pitcher||Alex Faedo (DET)|
|0 – 4||W/L||0 – 0|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis with a batting average of .302. He’s also hit four home runs with 16 RBI.
- Including all hitters in MLB, Goldschmidt is 87th in home runs and 70th in RBI.
- Tommy Edman has collected 26 hits this season and has an OBP of .339. He’s slugging .461 on the year.
- Edman ranks 60th in home runs and 130th in RBI among all hitters this season.
- Nolan Gorman leads the club in homers (seven) and runs batted in (23) this season.
- Willson Contreras has 30 hits and an OBP of .346 to go with a slugging percentage of .402 this season.
- Contreras is batting .286 in his last five outings. He also comes into Sunday’s game looking to extend his four-game hitting streak.
Tigers Key Hitters
- Javier Baez has racked up a team-best 15 runs batted in.
- Baez’s home run total ranks 125th in the majors, and he is 83rd in RBI.
- Baez has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .389 with three home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Riley Greene’s .270 batting average paces his team.
- Greene ranks 125th among hitters in the majors in homers, and 150th in RBI.
- Greene has safely hit in 10 straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .375 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Spencer Torkelson leads the Tigers with 15 runs batted in.
- Torkelson takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Matt Vierling is hitting .260 with six doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!