MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, August 12, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSKC
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+113)||O 9.5 (-102)||-138|
|Royals||+1.5 (-133)||U 9.5 (-125)||+118|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Matz (L) KC: Ragans (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Royals, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Kansas City Royals (38-80) and Salvador Perez, coming off a four-hit game, are underdogs (+118) on the moneyline and will look to upset the St. Louis Cardinals (51-66) on Saturday at 7:10 PM ET on BSKC. Steven Matz gets the starting nod for St. Louis while Cole Ragans is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Cardinals vs. Royals 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals have the No. 12 offense in MLB play scoring 4.7 runs per game (546 total runs).
- The Cardinals average 1.4 home runs per game to rank sixth in baseball with 163 total home runs.
- St. Louis is seventh in MLB with a .257 batting average.
- The Cardinals’ .330 on-base percentage is fifth-best in MLB.
- St. Louis’ .433 slugging percentage is sixth-best in MLB.
- The Royals are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 28th with just 466 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Kansas City has hit 114 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the majors.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .241 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- Kansas City is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .299.
- Fueled by 342 extra-base hits, the Royals rank 23rd in MLB with a .393 slugging percentage this season.
Cardinals vs. Royals Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals are 25-33 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 43.1% of those games).
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -138 or shorter, St. Louis has a 15-22 record (winning 40.5% of its games).
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Cardinals have an implied win probability of 58%.
- St. Louis has played in 92 games with set over/under, and have combined with opponents to go over the total 48 times (48-44-0).
- The Cardinals have collected a 47-55-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Royals have been underdogs in 90 games this season and won 30 (33.3%) of those contests.
- Kansas City has entered 78 games this season as the underdog by +118 or more and is 27-51 in those contests.
- The Royals have a 45.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Kansas City and its opponents have hit the over in 47 of its 95 games with a total.
- The Royals are 47-52-0 against the spread this season.
|Steven Matz (STL)||Pitcher||Cole Ragans (KC)|
|3 – 7||W/L||3 – 3|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado leads St. Louis in home runs with 24 and runs batted in with 81.
- Arenado ranks 16th in MLB in home runs, and eighth in RBI.
- Arenado is batting .300 with one homer during his last five outings and is riding a nine-game hitting streak.
- Paul Goldschmidt is batting .272 with an OBP of .360 and a slugging percentage of .445 this season.
- Goldschmidt is 47th in MLB in homers, and 54th in RBI.
- Lars Nootbaar’s batting average of .286 leads all St. Louis hitters this season.
- Nootbaar is batting .375 with two homers in his last 10 outings while also on a five-game hitting streak.
- Nolan Gorman’s 24 home runs are most among St. Louis batters. He’s driven in 67 runs this season while slugging .490.
Royals Key Hitters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has accumulated a team-best batting average of .270, and paces the Royals in home runs (21) and runs batted in (71).
- Witt Jr. is 27th in homers and 22nd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Witt Jr. heads into this game on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .300 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Perez is hitting .251 with 19 doubles, 18 home runs and 16 walks.
- Perez ranks 47th in homers and 98th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Maikel Garcia is batting .286 with 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 24 walks.
- Garcia brings a 15-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .375 with two walks and three RBI.
- MJ Melendez is hitting .223 with 22 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 42 walks.
- Melendez brings a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last 10 games he is hitting .278 with a double, a triple, four home runs, three walks and six RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!