MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Monday, August 14, 2023 at 7:45 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: MLB Network
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+100)||O 8.5 (-125)||-208|
|Athletics||+1.5 (-117)||U 8.5 (-102)||+174|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Mikolas (R) OAK: Sears (L)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Following a two-homer game in a win over the Royals, Tommy Edman leads the St. Louis Cardinals (52-66) into action as -208 favorites against the Oakland Athletics (33-85). First pitch from Busch Stadium at 7:45 PM ET on Monday, live on MLB Network. St. Louis’ Miles Mikolas and Oakland’s JP Sears have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals rank 11th in runs scored with 551, 4.7 per game.
- The Cardinals rank fifth-best in MLB action with 165 total home runs.
- St. Louis has the seventh-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Cardinals rank fifth in baseball with a .331 on-base percentage.
- St. Louis is sixth in baseball, slugging .434.
- The Athletics have scored 420 runs (just 3.6 per game) this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Oakland’s 116 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team batting average of just .222.
- Oakland has an OBP of just .300 this season, which ranks 27th in MLB.
- The Athletics rank last in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .363 this season.
Cardinals vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have been favored on the moneyline 59 total times this season. They’ve gone 26-33 in those games.
- When playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -208 or shorter, St. Louis has a 1-2 record (winning only 33.3% of its games).
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cardinals’ implied win probability is 67.5%.
- St. Louis has combined with opponents to go over the total 48 times this season for a 48-45-0 record against the over/under.
- The Cardinals have a 47-56-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 107 times and won 31, or 29%, of those games.
- Oakland has entered 56 games this season as the underdog by +174 or more and is 14-42 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Athletics, based on the moneyline, is 36.5%.
- So far this season, Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 54 of its 104 games with a total.
- The Athletics are 53-52-0 against the spread in their 105 chances this season.
|Miles Mikolas (STL)||Pitcher||JP Sears (OAK)|
|6 – 8||W/L||2 – 9|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado leads St. Louis in batting average (.287), home runs (24) and runs batted in (82) this season.
- Among hitters in baseball, Arenado is 16th in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Arenado enters this game on a 10-game hitting streak. During his last five games, he’s hitting .381 with one homer.
- Paul Goldschmidt has collected 123 hits this season and has an OBP of .360. He’s slugging .444 on the year.
- Of all MLB hitters, Goldschmidt is 52nd in home runs and 56th in RBI.
- Lars Nootbaar has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .381 and a slugging percentage of .458 this season.
- Nolan Gorman is slugging .487 this season, with a team-best 24 homers while driving in 67 runs.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz paces the Athletics with a .251 batting average.
- Ruiz is 368th in home runs and 191st in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Brent Rooker has shown off his power as he paces his team with 19 home runs and 49 RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Rooker is 42nd in homers and 99th in RBI.
- JJ Bleday is batting .203 with 11 doubles, 10 home runs and 38 walks.
- Bleday takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
- Shea Langeliers has 14 doubles, three triples, 11 home runs and 26 walks while batting .201.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!