MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 7:45 PM ET
- Where: Busch Stadium in St. Louis, Missouri
- How to Watch on TV: BSMW
|Pitching Probables: STL: Hudson (R) OAK: Tarnok (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Athletics, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
Entering Tuesday’s matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals (53-66), the Oakland Athletics (33-86) are on a four-game losing streak. The contest starts at 7:45 PM ET on BSMW with the Cardinals listed as -222 favorites, while the are +185 underdogs who may be heading for a fifth straight defeat. St. Louis’ Dakota Hudson and Oakland’s Freddy Tarnok have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Athletics 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals rank 11th in runs scored with 558, 4.7 per game.
- The Cardinals are sixth-best in baseball with 166 total home runs.
- St. Louis has the seventh-best batting average in MLB (.258).
- The Cardinals rank fourth in MLB with a .332 on-base percentage.
- St. Louis’ .434 slugging percentage is sixth-best in baseball.
- The Athletics are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 425 total runs (3.6 per game) this season.
- Oakland ranks 25th in Major League Baseball with 117 home runs.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .222 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- Oakland is among the worst teams in baseball at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .300.
- The Athletics are 30th in MLB with a slugging percentage of only .363 this season.
Cardinals vs. Athletics Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have a 27-33 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 45% of those games).
- St. Louis has gone 2-2 (winning 50% of its games) when it has played as moneyline favorites of -222 or shorter.
- Based on this contest’s moneyline, the Cardinals have an implied win probability of 68.9%.
- St. Louis has played in 94 games with a set over/under, and have combined with its opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-45-0).
- The Cardinals have gone 48-56-0 ATS this season.
- This season, the Athletics have been the underdog 108 times and won 31, or 28.7%, of those games.
- Oakland has entered 47 games this season as the underdog by +185 or more and is 10-37 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Athletics have a 35.1% chance to win.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 55 of its 105 opportunities.
- In 106 games with a spread this season, the Athletics are 53-53-0 ATS.
|Dakota Hudson (STL)||Pitcher||Freddy Tarnok (OAK)|
|3 – 0||W/L||1 – 1|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Nolan Arenado is batting .283 with 24 home runs and 82 RBI. All three of those stats lead St. Louis hitters this season.
- Arenado ranks 17th in homers and eighth in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Paul Goldschmidt has collected 125 hits this season and has an OBP of .366. He’s slugging .454 on the year.
- Goldschmidt is 42nd in homers and 52nd in RBI among all batters this season.
- Goldschmidt will look to extend his two-game hit streak. During his last five outings, he’s batting .300 with one homer.
- Lars Nootbaar has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .380 and a slugging percentage of .453 this season.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs with 24 while driving in 67 runs and slugging .487.
Athletics Key Hitters
- Esteury Ruiz paces the Athletics with a team-high batting average of .251.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ruiz’s home run total puts him 338th, and his RBI total ranks 180th.
- Brent Rooker has hit 19 home runs with 49 RBI. Both lead his team.
- Rooker ranks 42nd in home runs and 99th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Tony Kemp has 11 doubles, three triples, three home runs and 32 walks while batting .211.
- JJ Bleday is hitting .203 with 11 doubles, 10 home runs and 38 walks.
- Bleday heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with two home runs, two walks and two RBI.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!