MLB betting lines and prop bets provided by ClutchBet Sportsbook
Betting the Run Line, Moneyline and Over/Under
- When: Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 4:05 PM ET
- Where: PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: SportsNet PT
|Cardinals||-1.5 (+112)||O 9.5 (+102)||-140|
|Pirates||+1.5 (-131)||U 9.5 (-129)||+120|
|Pitching Probables: STL: Montgomery (L) PIT: Ortiz (R)|
|Sign Up with ClutchBet Now. Bet $200 on Cardinals vs. Pirates, or any game, and get up to $1,000 in free bets!
View More Odds —>
The Pittsburgh Pirates (29-27) will put their three-game win streak to the test when they host the St. Louis Cardinals (25-33) Saturday at 4:05 PM ET on SportsNet PT. Oddsmakers consider the Cardinals to be -140 favorites, while the Pirates are +120 underdogs to keep their streak alive. St. Louis’ Jordan Montgomery and Pittsburgh’s Luis Ortiz have been named the starters for this contest.
Cardinals vs. Pirates 2023 Key Stats
- The Cardinals score the ninth-most runs in baseball (278 total, 4.8 per game).
- The Cardinals rank sixth-best in baseball with 78 total home runs.
- St. Louis has the 11th-ranked batting average in MLB (.254).
- The Cardinals’ .328 on-base percentage is 10th-best in baseball.
- St. Louis’ .428 slugging percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- The Pirates rank 21st in the majors with 248 total runs scored this season.
- Pittsburgh’s 55 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 17th among MLB teams.
- Pittsburgh has an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks 12th in the majors.
- Fueled by 177 extra-base hits, the Pirates rank 14th in MLB with a .409 slugging percentage this season.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting The Run Line & Moneyline
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline favorite 29 total times this season. They’ve gone 14-15 in those games.
- St. Louis has gone 8-14 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -140 or shorter (36.4% winning percentage).
- The Cardinals have an implied moneyline win probability of 58.3% in this contest.
- St. Louis has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 43 times, and have combined with opponents to go over the total in 22 of those games (22-21-0).
- The Cardinals have put together a 19-29-0 record against the spread this season.
- This season, the Pirates have been the underdog 33 times and won 14, or 42.4%, of those games.
- Pittsburgh has entered 21 games this season as the underdog by +120 or more and is 9-12 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Pirates, based on the moneyline, is 45.5%.
- Pittsburgh’s games have gone over the total in 24 of its 45 chances.
- The Pirates have an ATS record of 24-19-0 in 43 games with a spread this season.
|Jordan Montgomery (STL)||Pitcher||Luis Ortiz (PIT)|
|2 – 6||W/L||1 – 2|
Cardinals Key Hitters
- Paul Goldschmidt leads St. Louis in batting average (.298) this season while adding 10 home runs and 26 RBI.
- Goldschmidt is 36th in home runs and 80th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Goldschmidt will look to extend his two-game hitting streak. He’s batting .316 with one homer during his last five outings.
- Nolan Gorman leads St. Louis in home runs (13) and runs batted in (42) this season while batting .275.
- Gorman ranks 11th in homers and sixth in RBI among all batters this season.
- Nolan Arenado has 59 hits this season and a slash line of .271/.316/.450.
- Arenado enters this game on a four-game hit streak. He’s batting .389 in his last five games with one homer.
- Tommy Edman has collected 46 hits this season and has an OBP of .316. He’s slugging .444 on the year.
Pirates Key Hitters
- Bryan Reynolds leads the Pirates with 36 runs batted in.
- In all of MLB, Reynolds is 86th in home runs and 26th in RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .278 to lead his team.
- McCutchen ranks 65th among batters in the big leagues in home runs, and 140th in RBI.
- McCutchen enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 13 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 15 walks while batting .231.
- Hayes has safely hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .227 with a double, a triple, a home run and six RBI.
- Carlos Santana is batting .238 with 15 doubles, three home runs and 26 walks.
ClutchBet Sportsbook is live in Iowa and Colorado, offering MLB fans the best selection of pre-game and live betting markets whether you like spreads, moneylines, player props, or parlays. Our players have access to hand-picked daily boosted odds, head-to-head matchup bets and promotions that make wagering on your favorite team even more exciting. Visit our website or get the ClutchBet app today!